cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

emmanamrog
Visitor
Hi just got a new phone and put my sim in and it says there is no service ??
10 REPLIES 10

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Did you enable roaming/data roaming?

If you do a manual scan for networks can you see and connect to 48?

If not then what networks do you see?

Is the phone unlocked for use on any network?

Are you using an iPhone?

If so you may need to put a small amount of cash credit on your account, power it off and on again and then wait for it to activate.

The cash credit is needed to pay for a UK SMS that this process sends behind the scenes.

Syncing with iTunes may also kick this process off.

Blame Apple for this due to the stupid way that they do things.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

emmanamrog
Visitor
Hi I have turned on and off my phone and topped up no good.
I have turned on data roaming no joy,
I searched manually for network only one that comes up is IRL meteor ?
Any other suggestions ? Thanks for your time

As I asked above are you sure that the phone is unlocked for use on any network and not locked to a particular network (Meteor perhaps?)?

Where did you buy the phone?

If you are only seeing Meteor with a 48 SIM inserted then that's very odd.

emmanamrog
Visitor
It's an iPhone 5s I got it unlocked two days ago,
Sometimes the service comes back and I get some messages through, sometimes it's searching but the majority of the time it's no service

This is very unclear.

Are you saying that you DO get connected to 48 sometimes?

Or are the messages that you're referring to iMessages rather than SMS text messages?

iMessages can be received if you only have a wifi connection to the internet and don't depend on a carrier network connection.

Do you EVER see any network other than Meteor when doing a manual search for networks?

How/where did you get the phone unlocked?

Did you try putting a small amount of cash credt on your account as I suggested above to faciliate the iPhone activation process that Apple insist on?

However this will not help if you are never seeing the 48 network listed when doing a network search.

Hi yes I do get connected to 48 sometimes.

no other network comes up.

i tried to top up as well no joy..

Right now I am connected to 48 but it will go to no service again 

When you say you topped up do you mean that you added cash credit?

How much?

Did you then power of and on again and wait a while?

Did you try a sync with iTunes?

As I mentioned before it may be that the iPhone need activation on the network due to the stupid way that Apple do things.

Apart from that and my previous suggestions I'm out of ideas.

You may need to contact 48 support for more assistance.

Unfortunately Apple make it a lot of hassle to use iPhones on some networks and in certain situations such as​ roaming.

Hope this helps.