cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

js23
Visitor
Have Guido from13 June. No service in England, roaming charge extra blocked. Desperate, need to make calls!
8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Sorry - only saw this now.

If you have a Guido membership that started on/after 13th June then it should work.

But you seem to be using an iPhone?

If that's the case then yuo need to be aware of this issue due to the stupid way that Apple do things.

iPhone abroad issue

You may need to be persistent to get that working and maybe toggling airplane mode on and then off and trying it quickly may help to catch the local network.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Advice to try different approaches was helpful. Trying to nput manually did not work. I then reset network settings and that worked. I think I could have removed the sem card but I was slow to do that because doing it on the iPhone is a real bother. 

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
So is everything working ok now?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

caoidoyle
Newcomer
This happening to me too except I have connected to a local network but it won't let me use any data calls or texts. I'm on the guido and bought it especially for this trip to Spain. Quite annoying

Are you on a Guido membership started on or after 13th of June?

If not then EU roaming will not work.

See here:

EU Roaming Update

If you are on a Guido membership started on/after the 13th of June and it's not working then it may be the usual iPhone roaming problem due to the stupid way that Apple do things.

You have to be persistent and may have to try this many times before it works.

Toggling airplane mode on and off and then quickly trying it may help.

iPhone abroad issue

Hope this helps.

Sorry - I'm wrong here.

Seemingly (in spite of info previously posted elswhere) if you are on a Guido membership then EU roaming should work and you should be able to use your calls, texts and data membership/add-on allowances.

I thought that this would only work on Guidio memberships activated/started after 13th June but seemingly it will also work on Guido memberships activated before then as well.

If you have a non Guido membership then EU roaming will not work at all.

Apologies for any confusion caused.

caoidoyle
Newcomer
I am on the Guido and bought it on the 15th of June but still have no look even after doing the thing with the iPhone

As I already said above you seem to have an iPhone in which case the most likely problem is this due to the stupid way that Apple do things

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862/jump-to/first-...

Hope this helps.