cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

madden87
Newcomer
I requested a new micro SIM card and on inserting it into my phone it now says no service where it should say the network provider. I have reset the phone and it’s still the same
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@madden87 wrote:
when I went to activitate it it came up with a message saying there was an error to contact the team which I have but heard nothing back. 

Oh - in that case it sounds like the SIM has NOT activated properly and THAT is most likely the case.

You can contact 48 support via the chat facility from the link in my signature.

If you contacted them last night then bear in mind that they are only back online this morning and they don't operate 24x7.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Do you mean a new SIM or a replacement SIM?

Did you activate it appropriately?

Is it a new phone?

Are you sure that roaming and data roaming are enabled?

If you do a manual search for networks what do you see?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

madden87
Newcomer
Hi ya,
It’s a replacement sim, data roaming is off and yes the problem occurred when I went to activitate it it came up with a message saying there was an error to contact the team which I have but heard nothing back. I need this sorted like

@madden87 wrote:
when I went to activitate it it came up with a message saying there was an error to contact the team which I have but heard nothing back. 

Oh - in that case it sounds like the SIM has NOT activated properly and THAT is most likely the case.

You can contact 48 support via the chat facility from the link in my signature.

If you contacted them last night then bear in mind that they are only back online this morning and they don't operate 24x7.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @madden87?

madden87
Newcomer
No it’s not a new iPhone, it’s an iPhone 5c. When I do a manual search it gives me 48 and two other networks but when I click on 48 a tick appears but nothing’s happens after that

You need roaming and data roaming enabled.

Was this phone used on 48 before?

If not then it could be the stupid Apple iPhone activation problem that needs cash credit on your account to pay for a UK SMS that gets sent behind the scenes and which costs 25c.

After you select 48 do you get any signal bars?

Any messages at all?

Does anything at all work - calls, texts?

Hope this helps.