cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone unlock

minimax
Newcomer
The phone won't accept the pin, it then asked me to reset the 4 digit pin but still didn't work, have puk number but can't access any settings to allow me to resolve the problem, thanks
5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What is the exact message that you get on screen?

If the problem is due to SIM PIN locking where you need your SIM PIN or PUK then this post explains everything:

I forgot my PIN or need my PUK

But perhaps it's a case of the phone being locked to another network and needing to be unlocked before it can be used on 48?

In that case you need to get the phone unlocked by Apple (seems to be an iPhone), the previous carrier to whose network it is still locked or unofficially in a phone store etc.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

minimax
Newcomer
It's on the 48 network a year

AsI asked what's the message on screen?

What do you mean you can't access any settings to resolve the problem?

Can you post a screenshot of the screen that you can't get past?

Did anything change recenltly - e.g. iOS update?

Maybe if there was an iOS update it needs to be activated afresh which will require some cash credit to pay for the UK SMS text (costing 25c) which the stupid Apple activation processs sends behind the scenes?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

minimax
Newcomer
Maia culpa, in my rush I put the pin into the puk code box, if it had asked for the 6 or 8? digit puk number I would have copped it but it just asked for a number didn't realize in the moment. Don't do this very often thanks for the response sorry for putting you on a wild goose chase looking for a non existent solution. Kid's gone on hols has a phone now

OK - so it's working now and the problem was that you were entering the PIN rather than the PUK?

Glad you got it sorted if that's the case.