cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin lock

littlelee
Visitor

Screenshot_2015-11-03-13-25-22.png

as is pic my phone wont let me take off the screen lock it says disabled by administrator. I brought it to the shop i got it in and they said that is the network, so 48 disabled it. Can u help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

@littlelee wrote:

it says disabled by administrator. I brought it to the shop i got it in and they said that is the network, so 48 disabled it.

No - it says "disabled by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage".

Sounds to me like the shop don't know their stuff or are telling fibs to get rid of you as 48 don't control this sort of thing on your phone.

Google the message "disabled by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage" and you will find lots of other info about it and maybe a solution to the problem with your phone/setup.

Maybe this solution will work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CZt7o5D95k

If not then other common causes seem to be having device administrators configured, having the phone and/or sd card encrypted etc.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

@littlelee wrote:

it says disabled by administrator. I brought it to the shop i got it in and they said that is the network, so 48 disabled it.

No - it says "disabled by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage".

Sounds to me like the shop don't know their stuff or are telling fibs to get rid of you as 48 don't control this sort of thing on your phone.

Google the message "disabled by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage" and you will find lots of other info about it and maybe a solution to the problem with your phone/setup.

Maybe this solution will work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CZt7o5D95k

If not then other common causes seem to be having device administrators configured, having the phone and/or sd card encrypted etc.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

littlelee
Visitor
That worked perfect thank u 😊

You mean the tip in the YouTube video did the trick or something else?

Glad you got it sorted.