cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refurbished iPhone 5s regularly showing No Service

justgary94
Newcomer
Recently bought an unlocked refurbished 5s. Coverage with 48 on my 4s was grand, rarely had issues! However on the 5s No Service is showing regularly on the phone and often when service is showing I still cannot send or receive calls & texts! Not sure is the phone at fault or the provider? I've reset the phone and network settings but no success. Got a new sim & it worked fine in my 4s but not in the 5s as yet! Any help appreciated! Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

1amcn
Rock Star
Hi

It's my understanding that IPhones mostly need activated to use on a new network.

If this is the case, adding €1 to your credit balance will start the process, whereby a message is sent from your IPhone is recieved by Apple.

It's how Apple do it...

dannii77
Visitor

Is the 5s definitely unlocked to all networks, Gary? Would you be able to test your SIM in another fully unlocked phone to see if the same thing still happens there? If you know any other 48 users, then theirs would be perfect for the job, but any unlocked phone would do the trick. If the same thing happens in another unlocked phone, then it could be a problem with the SIM itself. If you still have trouble after that, then try contacting the guys at the Helpdesk through your 48 account 'Help and Support' section, or else even contact us through our Facebook page and we'll see what we can do.

justgary94
Newcomer
Ya it's unlocked alright! I've put the new sim into my 4s for a few days and there was no trouble with it! I may contact the help desk to see is there another solution!

Hi

By any chance did you add €1.00 credit to see if the silent message is transferred from your phone to Apple, hence activating the device for use on the MVNO...just to clarify, this proposed troubleshoot is not related to a Network unlocking, it is related to an issue repeatedly seen with IPhone owners who decide to switch network's.

Hi

Any success?

I haven't tried the credit thing yet, it's looking like it's the handset that's faulty at this stage, the sim is working fine in other unlocked phones at the minute!

Hi again.

It could be a faulty handset, but did it ever work? have you tried an old Sim (Not 48) and do you know what Network the Handset was previously connected to?

Perhaps the link at the end of this post may assist further, several posts down you will see the reference to a 25c silent SMS, the minimum credit load is €1 on 48, hence the suggestion.

Denise has a really good post in there whereby the reason for all the above is explained thoroughly.

See link:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/iMessage-amp-FaceTime-Activation/m-p/798#M219