Members

Hot Rod

Roaming settings portugal

Hi. I'm in Portugal at the moment. I'm connected to MEO 3g network as this is the automatic preferred network. I can make and receive calls and texts. But no data connection. Have checked all usual setting's. The APN shown are for proximus.be which seems to not exist in Portugal. Can anyone help.
Posted from Android 6.0
The Legend

Re: Roaming settings portugal

[ Edited ]

A few people seem to be having this problem - i.e. while EU roaming on a Guido membership calls and texts work but data doesn't.

48 support have suggested that (some) Android user should try changing their APN settings as follows:

MCC 272 (Ireland) change this to 206 (Belgium) or 207 (?)

MNC 11 (Liffey Telecom) change this to 01 (Vodafone)

This makes little sense to me but maybe worth you trying just in case it helps?

And in any case if I try to make those changes on my phone (while in Ireland) it gives and error and then deletes the APN!

If those changes do work then I presume you have to change these back to MCC 272 and MNC 11 when you get back to Ireland.

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Hot Rod

Thanks for the advice. Checked those settings and the proximus MCC and MNC are as you suggested but still no joy. Can't figure how I'm on proximus.be as its a Belgian network with no presence in Portugal. Might call to a MEO store to see if they can help. Cheers
Posted from Android 6.0
The Legend

[ Edited ]

Maybe contact 48 support and see if they can assist?
Their suggested APN settings changes don't make sense to me either...

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
The Legend

Actually MCC = 206 and MNC = 01 means Belgium/Belgacom Proxima.

So maybe when roaming in the EU 48 data services are provided by this network regardless of what county you're in?

Of course not much use of it's not working for you...

Hot Rod

Quick update. Just left a MEO store and their techy guy who spoke perfect English spent about half hour going through everything on phone. He cannot understand why proximus APN is shown on phone. (Belgian APN). He entered all data for MEO but phone just kept deleting these APN and reverting to Proximus. The end game is 48 useless for data when abroad.
Posted from Android 6.0
The Legend

That's very odd and very frustrating alright.

Did you try contacting 48 support to see if they can help?

Hot Rod

Sorry for late reply as I had to wait till I got to WiFi. Contacted 48support who suggested registering with different network. Tried this and OK for calls and texts on optimus network but no matter what I try can't get rid of proxinus APNs so still no data. I give up. Thanks for all your help and time though. I do appreciate it.
Posted from Android 6.0
The Legend

That's a shame.

I don't understand why this is a problem here but as I mentioned others also seem to be having problems with EU roaming data since 48 introduced it on the Guido membership recently.

Hopefully they can sort this out for everybody sooner rather than later.

Not much use to you right now though unfortunately... :-(

Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hi Boycey

We are having alot of teething problems with this in certain countries as its completely new to 48 and we cant really guarantee mobile data as you are connected to another Mast. All we can assist with is to make sure you are connected to a local network, mobile data and data roaming are enabled and you should then connect. In some areas 3g connection may be lost so when that happens try and manually search for another network as we have found out that can help. If we find other fixes we will publish on website

Average Joe

I was directed here as I was having the same problems. I am back in Ireland after visiting 8 EU countries, I can report that data did not work in any of these countries no matter what I tried, and my settings were set to proximius.be and even when in Belgium data didn't work.

I went on line and did find the roaming solution for iPhones which worked someplaces.

I couldn't get network coverage in Sweden, Germany, England or Wales, I did connect in Denmark Holland and Belgium and France.

So over all very disappointed with 48 coverage in Europe.

regards

Elaine

Average Joe

I've been to London and Lithuania and data worked fine and without fiddling. Latvia was fine until Riga where it did not work. Estonia worked in Tartu city but no data in Tallinn! Now in Helsinki and No Data. As for Twekker.com , I never got a sms from that site.
Posted from Samsung SM-G800F
The Legend

Did you contact 48 support @ricio?

Hot Rod

Hi Kevin. Just back from prtugal today and unfortunately had absolutely no joy on data at anytime when away despite connecting to every network available with the exception of Vodafone which was listed as dis-allowed. Hopefully you can get these problems sorted soon.

Regards.

Hot Rod

Just a quick note to also say on return to Ireland my APNs reverted to Tesco mobile settings and I had to manually re-enter the 48 Apns