cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

mryan15
Newcomer
I'm going to Greece for 5 days- do I have roaming? Will my phone work?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just to add...

You also seem to be using an iPhone in which case (assuming that you have a Guido membership so roaming should work) you may need to be aware of this issue which causes problems with roaming for many iPhone users due to the stupid way that Apple do things:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

Lastly if you have a Guido membership while roaming in the EU and calls and texts work but data does not then check your internet settings and if the APN field has changed from 48months.liffeytelecom.com to something else then edit it and change it back to 48months.liffeytelecom.com, save the changes and reboot and see if that makes data access work.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
If you have a Guido membership yes, otherwise no.
See here

https://community.48months.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/The-Roaming-Info-and-Troubleshooting-Guide/ta-p/4...

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Just to add...

You also seem to be using an iPhone in which case (assuming that you have a Guido membership so roaming should work) you may need to be aware of this issue which causes problems with roaming for many iPhone users due to the stupid way that Apple do things:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

Lastly if you have a Guido membership while roaming in the EU and calls and texts work but data does not then check your internet settings and if the APN field has changed from 48months.liffeytelecom.com to something else then edit it and change it back to 48months.liffeytelecom.com, save the changes and reboot and see if that makes data access work.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @mryan15?

mryan15
Newcomer
Thanks a million Dalyer- I'd just saw your reply now- on the way home- on the don membership so had no service at all for the few days. Annoying at first but had to deal with it and probably helped to switch off. I'll know for next time- really appreciate the reply and info- thanks a mil again. Sound. All the best, M

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Glad it helped @mryan15.