cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card

fefe
Visitor
Can I use my existing sim (iphone4) in a Huewei mob I'm thinking of getting?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iPhone 4 takes a micro SIM.

Huawei P8 takes a nano SIM.

So you may need to swap your current SIM for a smaller one unless the nano size can be popped out of the existing micro one or you get it cut down in size.

http://www.48months.ie/my-48/change-my-sim

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

If it fits, yes.

Depends on what Huawei phone you're going to get.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

fefe
Visitor
Huawei P8 . Thanks for reply.

iPhone 4 takes a micro SIM.

Huawei P8 takes a nano SIM.

So you may need to swap your current SIM for a smaller one unless the nano size can be popped out of the existing micro one or you get it cut down in size.

http://www.48months.ie/my-48/change-my-sim

Hope this helps.

fefe
Visitor
Thanks that's great. I suppose I could order a new sim anyway.
I just thought it would be less hassel to transferr it.

Yes you could order one now if you want.

Just make sure to choose the "swap" option so your current one doesn't get deactivated.

Hope this helps.

fefe
Visitor
Great I wouldn't have thought of the " swap", thanks for that.
Ok I'll order it.
Thanks.

Glad it helped.

If you choose swap then you can hold onto the new SIM until you get the new phone and are then ready to activate it as a replacement SIM so that your number, membership, account etc, will transfer over to it.

Just follow the instructions on the page that I linked to above.

fefe
Visitor
I ve requested the swap sim. Thanks for all your help.