cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S7 Edge no network connection

I recently got an S7 Edge and the 48 SIM isn't working at all. I get no signal, can't register to the network or use mobile data. It was fine on the S5 so I've no idea why such a dramatic shift. It recognises the SIM but that's it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

12 REPLIES 12

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Is the S7 unlocked for use on any network?
If it's locked to another network then it needs to be unlocked before it can be used on 48.
If it is unlocked then you'll probably need to contact 48 support for more assistance with the SIM.
See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks for your quick response. The seller says it's unlocked to 'UK and European Networks'. Would this definitely include 48?

Also, the support is down currently 😞

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Who is the seller and how trustworthy are they?
Can you try another network's SIM (e.g. from a friend or family member) in it?
If the 48 SIM works on your old phone but not this one then the finger points at the new phone at the moment...

I see what you mean about the support link alright.
Don't know why that is.
But in the meantime try emailing support on support@48months.zendesk .com

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Sorry... typo in the email address above...

support@48months.zendesk.com

Okay, grand I'll have to try that tomorrow. It could be that the phone isn't unlocked. It must be a problem with the phone anyway.

Thanks so much for your help, I'll try that email if it doesn't work out

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
If it IS locked to some network and the seller won't unlock it for you then you can probably buy an unlock code online for a few euro. Just make sure that it's from a reputable/reliable unlocker and maybe via PayPal so you have some protection. At a glance it looks like S7 Edge unlock codes can be got for €10 or less.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did you ever get this sorted @likearhinestonecowb…?

I'm actually about to go to a phone shop now and see if it needs to be unlocked. Thanks for keeping up!