cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Problems - Verification SMS

JosephD7343
Newcomer

Hi, wonder if someone can help me with a tricky issue.

I have been using 48 for 3 months now, and normal calling, sms, internet are all working mostly fine.
However,
I cannot receive verification/password SMS messages from certain services.  For example requests from SumUp or pins numbers from DocuSign or Verified by Visa.
Other services can message me fine, e.g. Banks, 48 notifications, An Post, DHL and individuals. 

At a guess it's something to do with where the message is coming from, potentially outside Ireland ?
The same services could message me fine when I was on Vodafone a few months ago, or on Gomo previously.  The same services are working fine for my wife.  I've confirmed the numbers.

I have been in touch with 48 customer care but they could not help at all.

If anyone has any ideas that would be great... otherwise I will have to move to another provider this week.  Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

JosephM5387
Newcomer

LaurenI0961
Visitor
Did anyone ever get a fix on this. Having this problem now too!

Also have been having this problem for quite some time. Normal SMS works fine and some verification codes work fine but banking one time passcodes fail to arrive to my phone. I can also select they should go to my wife's phone (which is also with 48.ie) and that works without a problem - as mine used to originally. TSB has investigated for me from their side and verified that the codes are actually going out from them, so the problem is definitely with 48.ie. TIME TO FIX THIS, 48!!!😫

Maybe a stab in the dark, but perhaps try a replacement SIM in case that helps at all?

Either because the SIM itself is faulty or because getting a new one might trigger some back end changes that fix the verification text routing/delivery issue?

In any case you should probably contact 48 support about the issue.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

PatrickW3587
Newcomer

The fact that this is a problem that seems to be linked to security (i.e. verification of financial transactions) makes it even more incredible that 48 hasn't taken time out to spend money on some genuine technical expertise and put the problem to bed. There is nothing worse than getting to the end of a financial transaction (e.g. booking plane tickets) only to find that the verification code sent to complete the transaction never arrives ... and desperate repeat attempts then also fail repeatedly. Come on, 48. Wake up!

Did you contact 48 support about this and see my other suggestions here?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.