cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service

aoifepower
Newcomer
I've Gotton a new phone but can't seem to get service?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK - I don't know so.

You'll have to contact 48 support and ask them for advice.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What happens?

Any error messages?

If you scan for networks can you see and connect to 48?

Is the phone unlocked for use on any network?

Is it an iPhone?

If so you may need to put a small amount of cash credit on your account to cover the 25c cost of a UK SMS that the iPhone activation process sends behind the scenes after a while to get the phone working on certain networks.

This is due to the stupid way that Apple do things unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

aoifepower
Newcomer
No error messages
the phone is unlocked
Scanned for networks but no 48
It is an iphone

Do you have any cash credit on your account?

It could be that the phone has not been activated on the network and this can take a little time after a reboot.

But it does require the ability to send a UK SMS behind the scenes to the Apple activation server in the UK and this will not happen if there is no cash credit to pay for it (at least 25c).

As I said this is due to the stupid way that Apple do things.

Hope this helps.

aoifepower
Newcomer
I have cash credit and have had the phone for24 hours now

OK - I don't know so.

You'll have to contact 48 support and ask them for advice.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Were 48 support able to help @aoifepower?

aoifepower
Newcomer
Yes they did it's working now thanks

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Great, glad you got sorted in the end.
What was the problem/solution?

ruby03
Newcomer
I haven’t gotten service back since coming home from being abroad , is there any way to fix this ?