cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia SP

numskull
Newcomer

Hi

Working in Uk. Got sony phone unlocked in Ireland 2 weeks ago. Now family in Ireland get a ring tone when they ring me but my phone is not actually ringing..not a thing.  Screen stays the same.Brought it to a guy who looked puzzled and cannot fix it.No internet either. Phone basically lying idle. I cannot ring out either.Connected to 3gUK. Have been with 48 for a while with no issues at all really. Can anyone offer any advice?

4 REPLIES 4

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

You are posting from a Sony Xperia, what make is that the handset in question?

Did the phone work within the 2 weeks at all in the UK?

Did it work in Ireland before you left?

What exactly does it say on the screen (Network name, R for roaming etc...)?

Have you an active Membership?

Have you purchased an EU Roaming Add on?
(Or)
Have you credit in your Balance?

Also...

Have you tried different Sim in the Phone?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Your initial post is a bit unclear.

Are you saying that you're still using a 48 SIM?

Or are you using a SIM from a UK carrier?

If you are using 48 and roaming in the UK then you will definitely not get any data as 48 don't support data while roaming abroad.

Also if you are roaming abroad on 48 then you need cash credit or EU roaming add-ons in order to receive calls, make calls and send texts.

You also need an active membership even if the allowances don't cover any services while roaming abroad.

See here for more info:

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.