cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Answer. Has my number been hacked?

maitiu
Newcomer

My mom called me, and she definitely called my number, I triple checked her contacts, where she just tapped on my name and then saw my face while the call started. When the call was answered, a man with a foreign accent answered. She then called me again and got through to me. What does this mean? Is someone listening in on my call and texts? 

2 REPLIES 2

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You'll probably have to ask 48 support about this.
See the link in my signature below.
Maybe there's a possibility that some glitch in the network or on the phone routed the call to the wrong number or something like that?
I doubt that it indicates that your number or security/privacy is compromised on any way.
Best to ask 48 support about it though.
They may be able to check into the odd connection that your mother got on the first attempt to call you.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @maitiu?
By the way if your mother is on a different network than 48 then SHE probably need to contact HER network's support team to ask about this.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.