cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a restriction code after pin on my replacement sim?

Anon
Not applicable

Im after activating my replacement SIM! I put it in my phone for the first time it asks my my pin code, And afterwards asks me a restriction code what is this ? Where do i find it?

3 REPLIES 3

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

What exactly does the latest message say?

Is the handset now in use? Are you simply querying what the message means?

So i gather the pin code you entered (once?) on activating the new sim, was the pin code supplied with said sim... (on the card the sim was attached to)

Is this correct?

I query this to shortlist the possibilities...

If you entered a different code than that mentioned above, you may need to enter your PUK code, also on the card/cover your sim came in.

Or is it there are parental restrictions in place on the handset?

New/replacement SIMs (from all carriers - not just 48 in my experience) always have PIN locking enabled.

You enter the PIN (PIN1) from the packaging to get in.

If you want to disable SIM PIN locking then do so in the security settings of your phone.

Thereafter you will not be asked for the PIN (PIN1).

As mentioned above if the PIN1 on the packaging does not work or you enter a wrong PIN several times you will need your PUK in which case see here:

I forgot my PIN

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.