cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't my 48 SIM card let me phone a Northern Ireland no?

jenemo
Newcomer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You need cash credit to pay for international calls.
Or if it's a landline disk using the 048 prefix for calling NI numbers as national numbers from the Republic instead of using the normal UK 00 44 prefixes. In that case your membership or landline calls add-on allowance should cover it.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You need cash credit to pay for international calls.
Or if it's a landline disk using the 048 prefix for calling NI numbers as national numbers from the Republic instead of using the normal UK 00 44 prefixes. In that case your membership or landline calls add-on allowance should cover it.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I did have credit so the 048 prefix was the thing that worked. Thanks v much!!

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Dial not disk!

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

OK glad that worked.
Just to clarify NI landlines called using the UK 00 44 prefix are international calls and charged from your cash credit balance.
But when called using the 048 prefix they're Irish national calls and covered by membership or add-on landline allowance balances.

http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/calling_northern_ireland___use_the_048_code_to_call_fixed_line_numbe...