Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

cant make calls or no internet while in the uk

Average Joe
‎09-08-2018 09:10 AM

when i was in the  uk last week i couldnt make calls or use my internet even though i had 10 euro credit, i can ring the uk from ireland ok it just uses the crdit balance hope someone can solve this problem for me because im traveling to the uk again  in the next few weeks thanks in advance

0 Likes

Re: cant make calls or no internet while in the uk

The Legend
‎09-08-2018 10:27 AM
Were you on a Guido membership?
EU roaming calls/texts/data only work on Guido.
Nothing works on any other membership.
Having cash credit makes no difference.
It's all explained here

https://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

The Legend
‎09-08-2018 01:23 PM
Did that help at all @mulcaha00?

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Average Joe
‎09-08-2018 04:33 PM

thanks a million i was on the Don membership being more expensive i assumed that wasn't an issue thanks again

0 Likes

The Legend
‎09-08-2018 04:38 PM

You need to remember to buy a Guido membership in advance of any EU trip if you want anything (calls/texts/data) to work. If you are on any other membership then nothing will work while roaming in the EU. And remember that you can't prematurely end a current membership (e.g. Don) to start a new one (e.g. Guido so that you can roam in the EU) as memberships always run their full monthly course. This is a bit of hassle for me as I'm going to France next week and my Don membership doesn't end until I get back so I'll have to use a different number/phone/SIM while abroad which is hassle... :-(

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Average Joe
‎05-11-2018 11:30 PM
Last time I was in uk I hadn’t got internet or couldn’t ring make landline calls
I’m going again this week any suggestions please!
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

The Legend
‎06-11-2018 12:37 AM

You need a Guido membership for a start - EU roaming only works on Guido and not on any other membership.

You seem to have an iPhone in which case you need to be aware of this issue due to the stupid way that Apple do things:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

Once you are in the UK and get a connection to a local network things should just work.

And your membership/add-on landline/mobile calls, text and data allowances should work just as they do when in Ireland.

If calls/texts work OK but data does not then check your internet settings and if the APN field has changed from 48months.liffeytelecom.com to something else then edit it, change it back to that, save the change, reboot the phone and see if data starts working.

If you still have problems then you will probably need to contact 48 support - see the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

The Legend
‎06-11-2018 07:52 AM
Did that help at all @franniep96?

0 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community