cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone issues in the uk

sidefire
Visitor
Hi

We arrived in the UK from France and can not get any services. We had cover in France but not the UK.
10 REPLIES 10

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Could be this issue due to the stupid way that Apple do things with iPhones.

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

You may need to be persistent to get that working.
Switching airplane mode on and off and then Trinh quickly may help the phone to catch a local network so that the required reconfirmation can be performed.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @sidefire?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

sidefire
Visitor
Hi

Sorry still without a 48 service . Along with 2 others.

How can I set my phone manually

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did you try what I suggested above?
What happened?
As I mentioned you may need to be persistent with this.
If that doesn't work then you'll have to contact 48 support.
See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Any update @sidefire?

sidefire
Visitor
I have 3 friends with me trying the above advice and still can not get a 48 service in the UK

Can anyone please post me the APN details for when abroad. We had no problem when we were in France. We do not know why it is an issue in the UK

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
If you can't get any network connection at all then it's nothing to do with the apn.
If it's an iPhone then see the tip that I linked to earlier.
This is a common problem with iPhones when roaming in some networks due to the stupid way that Apple do things.
If you DO have a network connection and calls/texts work but data does not then check your internet/APN settings and if the apn field has changed from 48months.liffeytelecom.com then change it back to that, reboot and see if data starts working.
If none of that helps then you'll need to contact 48 support.
See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

sidefire
Visitor
Understand. Thanks for your prompt reply. I will follow up your suggestion

sidefire
Visitor
Update.
The chat help desk had no solutions to our problems. They recommended the same as you.

So in desperation and nothing to lose, we tried the opposite
We enabled automatic on our iPhones in the phone section and automatic in the carrier area and we now have full call, text and data service from 02-UK 3G

Maybe this will help others

Regards