cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone not working abroad

mosi
Newcomer
I’m on guido. Lots of mins etc left. In France. Connected to bougies network carrier. Can’t make a call as it says I have no credit. I’m calling an Irish landline. Help!
3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Probably the usual iPhone roaming problem due to the stupid way that Apple do things and how it affects the use if iPhones on virtual networks such as 48 (and Tesco etc.).

See here and you may need to try that many times before it works - toggling airplane mode on and then off and trying it quickly may allow the phone to briefly catch the local network allowing the reconfiguration to be carried out.

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862 

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

BTW - do all calls and text fail or just calls to Irish landlines?

If so are you sure that you have landline mins left?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @mosi?