cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone se

jess18
Visitor
I've ordered an iPhone sent from apple will my sim still work in this when it arrives
4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I presume that an iPhone from Apple is unlocked for use on any network?

Only unlocked handsets work on 48.

iPhone SE takes a nano SIM so if your existing SIM is a nano/dual SIM then it should work fine.

If not then you will need to order a replacement nano/dual SIM:

Note that iPhones often (always?) require activation on a new network and this will involve the automatic sending of a UK SMS which costs 25c charged from your cash credit balance.

So when you get the phone if it does not work straight off (e.g. no signal or can't make calls/send texts etc.) you should put a small amount of cash credit on your account (€1 is the minimum), switch off and on again and then wait a bit until it activates.

Apple insist on this stupid process for reasons best known to themselves.

No other phone manufacturer requires this as far as I know.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

jess18
Visitor
Yes it is,unlocked thanks

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Should work so - but pay heed to the sim and activation issues that I mentioned above.