tomdoyle98
Visitor
Can u help
12 REPLIES 12

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What make and model of phone is it?

Did it ever work or are you just joining 48?

Do a manual scan for networks.

Do you see 48 and can you connect to it?

Can you receive calls and send/receive texts?

What is the verbatim message that you get when you try to call?

Do outbound calls ever work?

Switch off the phone, take the SIM out, gently clean it, reinsert it, switch on and try again to see if that helps at all.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Any update?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

owensre
Visitor
I have same problem but my other friends on 48 seem fine. Bought roaming texts and mins to use while on holidays in Lanzarote. Movistar Network coming and going every 20secs or so so cannot send texts or make calls. Any advice? Also the carrier option in settings keeps appearing and disappearing. Tried manual and automatic to select network when it was available but getting fed up now as the network changes are draining my battery so end up leaving phone in flight mode.Can anyone help? Only wifi possible at present.

I'm not sure that this is the same as the original issue in this thread to be honest.

Your's seems to be specifically with roaming abroad while there's nothing to indicate that this scenario applies to the original query here...

Anyway ... you seem to be using an iPhone?

If that's the case then this is most likely the cause of your problem - due to the stupid way that Apple do things:

iPhone abroad issue

You may have to try many times before that tip works.

It may help to toggle airplane mode on and then off and quickly try to "catch" the local network to get that tip to work.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all?

owensre
Visitor
Thanks but no. Tried taking out Sim restarting phone. Whenever I caught the carrier it stays briefly on full bars and then drops to nothing before vanishing to no service. Annoying but maybe its just a problem with my phone. No isues with network at home. Only access to wifi. Wish I hadnt bought roaming texts and mins though. Cant use them!

As I said you need to keep trying and be persistent with that tip.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

It's due to the stupid way that Apple do things unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all?

owensre
Visitor
Afraid not. Network comes and goes. Not long enough to send a text or make a call.