cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service abroad

martinb22
Visitor

hi, i have an ols samsung phone,its a really old model, no internet on it, just text and calls, i am going abroad tomorrow, it never works when i go abroad, i just never get reception and i think it says no service, is there anything i can do to get it working or is the phone just to old

8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Where are you heading to?

What membership do you have?

If you are going to the EU then you need a Guido membership otherwise nothing will work.

If you are going elsewhere (rest of Europe, North America or Australia/New Zealand) then any membership will do but you will need cash credit to pay for calls (incoming and outgoing) and outgoing texts.

Otherwise it should just work.

If not then you should do a manual scan for networks and see if you can connect to any of them so that calls/texts work.

What model of Samsung phone is it?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

thanks for your reply, its a samsung e1200, i am going to denamrk, when i have being in europe before i think it would not pick up any network when i scanned for network, 

i am on the don plan

OK - if you're on the Don membership then it's definitely not going to work as EU roaming only works on Guido since June this year.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

its the don i am on and it ends 13th november, the day i get back to ireland

should it still let me find different networks when i scan network when abroad even if i am not on the guido plan

any more help would be great as i really need my phone working before i go away in the morning

It's not going to work as long as you are on the Don membership.

As I said EU roaming only works on Guido since June this year.

Hope this helps.