Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation for outage on 2nd October

Admin48
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

Hi guys,

as we said on Facebook earlier this week we're extending everyone's membership for 48 hours as compensation for last week's outage. On top of that those of you who have a Guido and Duke membership will receive an additional 60 minutes of calls.

When will this happen?

We will apply the change to your account this Friday.

What if my membership runs out before Friday?

If you buy your membership before Friday you will get your additional 48 hours then.

What if I haven't renewed my membership by Friday?

You will receive the additional 48 hours for the next membership you buy (it might take a few days for it to show up on your account but don't worry, it will be there)

Hopefully this will help in some way towards the stress and rubbish experience from last week.

If you want to get the lowdown from the technical team about what actually happened, you can get it here.

11 REPLIES 11

Anon
Not applicable

Hi 

I received my extra 48 hours.  It is good to see you made an effort to compensate as other networks would not compensate in similar circumstances.

ThanksSmiley Happy

Admin48
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

Good to hear, thanks 🙂

Anon
Not applicable
I got a message sayin my internet was gone so i got an add on as my plan wasnt up till sunday but i stil have no internet... i also topped up my plan... the don and its still not working

If you ran out of interenet allowance and bought an internet add-on but it did not work then that is strange/wrong.

What does your online account say about internet allowances/add-ons?

If you bought a new membership now but your current membership is only up on Sunday then your new membership will have stacked and will kick in when the current one expires. It doesn't terminate the current membership prematurely and kick in immediately. All memberships always run their full monthly course (+2 free days this time around).

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
48 is a load of crap,got fed up wit it,everytime you lose covage for over a haf hr the settings would have to be put back into the phone to get the internet working,with other networks u just put in ur sim in to ur phone and dose it automaticly,why can 48 do the same i ask? And 48 wil not work in the north of ireland what so ever,iv tryed it good few times, and the uk&scotland aswel, Iv moved to vodafone unreal covage neaver gives trouble and iv a metor sim aswel tat works very wel,they work over seas with no problems.gos to show the old relibles are always the best, would not reckament 48 at all,if anything gos wrng u have to email them how can you do that when u have no internet to do it ?? Wit other networks u can ring up and speak to a person and help u on the spot,thats the way it should be,

Anon
Not applicable

48 is a load of crap,got fed up wit it,everytime you lose covage for over a haf hr the settings would have to be put back into the phone to get the internet working,with other networks u just put in ur sim in to ur phone and dose it automaticly,why can 48 do the same i ask? And 48 wil not work in the north of ireland what so ever,iv tryed it good few times, and the uk&scotland aswel, Iv moved to vodafone unreal covage neaver gives trouble and iv a metor sim aswel tat works very wel,they work over seas with no problems.gos to show the old relibles are always the best, would not reckament 48 at all,if anything gos wrng u have to email them how can you do that when u have no internet to do it ?? Wit other networks u can ring up and speak to a person and help u on the spot,thats the way it should be,

Illiteracy would indicate you would be better off with O2 anyway.

pclerkin
Newcomer

Hi I have recieved no compensation and my phone is still down, unable to recieve or make calls...

@pclerkin wrote:

Hi I have recieved no compensation and my phone is still down, unable to recieve or make calls...

This thread is about the previous outage back in October.

Nothing to do with the outage the other day in December.

There is no compensation for the latest outage.

Instead 48 are making a donation to charity:

48 and the PMV Trust (www.pmvtrust.ie)

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Thanks! 🙂