Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Faster data speeds on 48

Buddy
‎30-11-2013 06:57 PM
Can I add a photo here or a link to one?
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

Buddy
‎30-11-2013 06:58 PM
No typo, 12 down and 1 open and wifi off in a carpark.
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

Average Joe
‎01-12-2013 12:44 PM

I just did a speedtest in Newbridge, Co. Kildare and I'm very impressed!

13.87mb down

0.8mb up

Huge increase in the download speeds. Will also test in Dublin once I'm back up after the weekend. 

Test phone: Nexus 4 HSPA+

0 Likes

[ Edited ]
Crew Member
‎02-12-2013 12:37 PM

Many thanks for your feedback over the past few days.  It’s great to see you guys getting speeds of up to nearly 14Mbps.  It would be interesting to see what handsets you are using and what signal you had when you experienced those speeds.  Our experience is that you get faster speeds with a stronger signal and newer, higher spec phones are getting the fastest speeds too.

The improvements we have made to our data speeds are across our 3G network infrastructure.  As I have mentioned in previous posts, the masts of our parent network, however we have our own separate core platform and infrastructure.  The upgrades we have been making have been to our core platform so that it can continue to handle higher volumes of data traffic and provide higher speeds to your handsets.

The limitations of this work is that your handset speeds are still dependent on getting a good signal from our parent networks masts.  When you have a strong 3G signal then you stand the best chance of getting really good speeds.

We have made no changes to the 2G or Edge network and have no plans to do so.  The 2G/Edge standard has limited potential data speeds of up to 100Kbps, much lower than 3G.  However, it is worth pointing out that the more and more people who have smartphones that use 3G rather than 2G/Edge, means fewer handsets using the 2G/Edge network which frees up some capacity on those connections at peak times.  However, 2G/Edge will always still be limited to 100Kbps. 

1 Like

Anon
‎03-12-2013 01:03 PM

Thanks for the update those are some really impressive stats

Unfortunately where I am in ardee co.louth, Im getting download of 0.04 mbps and upload of 0.04 mbps

0 Likes

Anon
‎03-12-2013 11:49 PM
@pmcardle, that doesn't sound like your on 3g. what's on your status bar when doing the tests? 3g or E?
Posted from Samsung GT-I9100
0 Likes

Anon
‎04-12-2013 09:10 PM

Im on E and H+

0 Likes

The Legend
‎05-12-2013 10:15 AM

Do you know anybody else on 48 or O2 in that area?

If so what sort of data speeds do they get?

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Anon
‎05-12-2013 12:36 PM

No none on o2, vodafone and meteor with h, getting 5-6 mpbs

Its not a huge issue just wondering if i am getting h, what sort of speeds I should get

0 Likes

Coach
‎10-12-2013 06:07 PM

I live on the border of Dublin inner city/northside.

Down: 4.5Mbps

Up: 2.5Mbps

Ping: 65ms

Signal strength: -91dB  12asu

Traditionally, my estate had a bad signal and I still have the habit of standing beside a window when I get a call Smiley Happy  So I'm pretty impressed with these speeds.

My phone is an American variant of the Galaxy S2 (model T989) with cyanogenmod 11 (Kitkat/4.4) just installed on it.

0 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community