Members

Rock Star

Re: Faster data speeds

Hi emmabehan

Having E constantly on your screen means your signal/coverage strength is hovering around 2G.
Is the 02 Reception poor in your area?
If you take a Data speed test like the others above on this thread - what kind of reports are you getting?

Data Speed & Signal Strength are different, i feel like perhaps you would prefare your reception/coverage to be at least 3G as opposed to Edge... or am i bathing in misinterpretation!

:-)
Posted from Samsung GT-I9100
Gladiator

once i submit the info and press reset all of the info that I've submitted dissappears.

Emma you don't press Reset AFTER you enter the settings. You press it BEFORE.   Once you enter the settings it automatically stores it. Just exit preferences.

Average Joe

Brilliant. Thanks for that! =)
Posted from Apple iPhone
Gladiator

Brilliant. Thanks for that! =)

Great ... I assume it worked :-)

The Legend

[ Edited ]

Haier W910 (http://chinaphonebox.com/en/phone/haier-w910) running custom Android 4.1.2 JB ROM from xda-developers on HSPA+ in Dublin 7 and testing indoors here in case it makes a difference...

Test 1

Ping 54ms

Down 7.02Mbps

Up 2.39Mbps

Test 2

Ping 635ms

Down 6.76Mbps

Up 2.61Mbps

Test 3

Ping 732ms

Down 3.68Mbps

Up 2.59Mbps

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
The Legend

Speeds seem to vary quite a bit!

Test 1 today (on the Luas in D7/1)

Ping 135ms

Down 2.86Mbps

Up 1.95Mbps

Test 2 today (indoors in D12)

Ping 40

Down 10.72 Man Surprised

Up 0.97Mbps Man Sad

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.

Ye I have noticed myne there faster
Posted from Sony ST26i
Average Joe

Hi there,

I have noticed that the data in my phone is always so slow (E), never reaches the high speed (H or H+). While it used to do before. So I am surprised that we are supposed to get faster data speeds and I´m experiencing the opposite. I wonder if I´m the only one experiencing that issue?

Thanks

Gladiator

Is 3G switched on ? Do you EVER get 3G ? Do you get good speed on wifi ?
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

Wifi is irrelevant here.

Coach

Have you checked your phone settings to see if by any chance the settings have gone from GSM/WCDMA to GSM only? What phone are you using?

Gladiator

Wifi is irrelevant here.

Wrong. It is totally relevent.

The Legend

How is it relevant to carrier data speeds (2G/EDGE 3G/HS[D]PA etc.)?

Gladiator

Its relevant to the phone's own ability to receive or process the data from the carrier or wifi. 

The Legend

They are different communications channels/subsystems.

And the channel rather than the CPU/SoC data processing will always be the bottleneck.

As such I disagree that the wifi speed is in any way relevant to the query here about carrier data throughput/rates.

But I'll leave it at that as the theoretical discussion is not really answering the question posed.