Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's get technical...

techie_kev
Crew
Crew

Hi everyone,

My name is Techie Kev and I am responsible for the technology in 48 (not to be confused with 48 Crew Kev, who is far more witty than me, but not as good looking, of course!).

Following the launch of the 48 Community I want to use this as a forum to keep you up-to-date and informed of the ongoing work we are doing to improve the technology we provide to you.  The new 48 Community is part of our ongoing investment to provide a great service to you, help you share ideas and give each other advice (mobile related or otherwise!).

Over the past few months we have been working hard to improve our processes to be more responsive to your needs to have a brilliant service.  We also want to be able to deliver enhancements to our platform in a more streamlined and efficient way.   The results of this may not be immediately apparent to you now as a lot of the changes are our own internal improvements, but I’m hoping they will be over time.

A big project for us so far this year was the launch of our new memberships in early April which gives you a great choice of plans whether you’re a caller, a texter or a data user.  The implementation of this on our website has improved a lot of the background processes which has resulted in customers getting less errors when they top-up and buy memberships or add-ons.

We also recently launched our Call Me service which is great way to keep in contact when you’re a bit short on funds.

In the coming weeks and months I will be providing more updates to you as our development programme progresses.  Watch this space for further updates on exciting news about data speeds, self-service improvements on our website and a new and improved Kickback

Til next time,

Techie Kev

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@dalyer wrote:

@rollerking wrote:

can anyone explain to me how 48 can text premium numbers like radio shows eg phantom 53106

I credited my account, credited roaming text etc credited minutes on my account and it still wont work :-(,

I was pretty sure that you simply cannot text premium text numbers of the form 5XXXX (see http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/ComReg1117.pdf - e.g. Table 10.8.4) from 48 but I cannot see this stated explicitly anywhere here on the 48 site. It may have been covered on the old forum.

Hope this helps.

Just to clarify - this is correct - 48 do not support texting Premium SMS (PSMS) 5XXXX numbers.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Why-won-t-messages-to-5-numbers-send/m-p/7642#M2475

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

17 REPLIES 17

Anon
Not applicable
Clearly Sean McCarthy's banter just proved how sound 48 are!

@nubus wrote:
Clearly Sean McCarthy's banter just proved how sound 48 are!

Huh?!? Man Indifferent

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

goodboy1
Newcomer
Hi can i get my puk number

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Yes. See this key topic.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/I-forgot-my-PIN-code/td-p/6834/jump-to/first-...

Hope this helps.

angelinaa
Newcomer
Hi can u definitely not text to premium numbers? Nothing is clear here

Nope... or call them... if there was some method where one could 'top-up' their account which could be used for premium texting etc

@angelinaa wrote:
Hi can u definitely not text to premium numbers? Nothing is clear here

This thread dates back a while but things are definitely 100% clear now.

As the previous poster has said there is absolutely no way to text Premium SMS (PSMS 5XXXX) numbers on 48.

angelinaa
Newcomer
Thanks for clearing that up guys, it's a pity u can't.