Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our website is evolving!

techie_kev
Crew
Crew

Hi everyone,

Our new website has gone live and we hope you love it as much as we do!  

Image of the new 48 website

This is phase one of our website redesign, with phase two coming in the middle of July.  Phase one focuses on improving everything to do with your SIM (ordering a SIM, activating a new or replacement SIM, moving your number to 48) and improving My 48 to allow you to manage your 48 account much more easily. 

As part of the My 48 changes, your add-ons will now expire in line with your membership when you renew it.  This is something you guys said you wanted us to fix so that everything expires at the same time.

Phase two will focus on further improving how you buy memberships and add-ons, and add credit to your account.

We won’t be stopping there and there will be further phases to deliver better experiences for you on My 48 over the coming weeks and months.  This will also include the launch of the site as a fully responsive website, so it will be tailored to fit whatever device you are viewing the site on (laptop, tablet or smartphone).

We’ve been listening to a lot of your ideas and suggestions over the last while and we spent a lot of time working with some of the best web experts in Ireland to redesign the site.  We hope it will make things a lot easier for you when you use our website and also to make it easier for new customers to join 48.

So, let us know what you think by commenting below. If something isn’t working as it should let us know too.  Please be patient as there may still be one or two pesky bugs we’ll need to fix (we’ve done lots of testing but we may not have found all of them!).

Til next time,

Techie Kev 

33 REPLIES 33

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

@techie_kev wrote:

As part of the My 48 changes, your add-ons will now expire in line with your membership when you renew it.  This is something you guys said you wanted us to fix so that everything expires at the same time. 

Can you explain this a bit more please?

Say my current membership will expire on 1st July.

I buy a new membership which stacks and will kick in at midnight on 1st July and run until 1st August.

I buy an add-on today 25th June. Up to now this add-on would expire on 25th July.

What happens under the new scheme? Will my add-on expire on 1st July, or 1st August, or 25th July or some other date...?

Other than that the changes look good and so far I haven't noticed any problems. Good work. Man Happy

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi dalyer,

the way the system works, when a membership renews (either stacked or simply buying one when the existing membership expires), whatever add-ons that are active at that time will have their expiry date extended in line with the new membership expiry. So, in your example, previously that add-on would have expired on 25th July, but will now expire on 1st August, in line with the new membership.  Does that help to clarify it?

Thanks. I presume that the add-on validity period gets extended just once?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

That's right, because the second time the add-on is no longer active.

Not necessarily - in the example above if I buy yet another membership before 1st August (which will stack to kick in at midnight on 1st August and run until 1st September) the add-ons (already extended to 1st August) will still be active. But they still won't be extended again to 1st September?

Alternatively if there's a FAQ/key post on this change just point me at it. Thanks.

When you stack membership, there is a difference between when you buy membership and when it renews.  So, in your example, the new membership renews on 1st of August, which is when the add-ons expire, so they don't extend over to another membership (the add-on will have efectively expired).  They will only extend once.  Does that make sense?

And I think we may need to update the FAQS to make this clearer!

I think that a single sentence clearly stating the rule/conditions under which an add-on gets extended would help when updating the FAQ. The precise rule is not clear to me from the discussion above.

Anon
Not applicable
Design of new site is nice. But only one problem, already 3rd day i'm trying to add internet on by any kind of payment possible online and I can't. Nothing working 😞 so sad to be without mobile data....

How are you trying to pay?

What happens? Any errors?

Are you using a card that worked before online and on 48?

You should contact 48 support if you have online payment problems:

How to get help

In the meantime have you tried topping up your credit balance by voucher and then buying stuff online or by text?

How do I top up? Overview of the top-up payment op... 

How do I buy stuff by text?

Hope this helps.