Members

Level 3: Fresh Meat

Re: Issue with some customers losing 3G connection

Do you mind keeping this thread on topic dalyer?

I have followed all instructions given by customer support and tried contacting them again but am not getting any replies.

I hope this isn't what I can expect in the future from 48.

This has started happening me from this morning. I've only had 3G work once for about five minutes. Turning off the phone doesn't help. I even restored my entire phone to see if that would help. No luck.

No internet all day. Tried resetting phone and turning on & off. Whats happening?

Level 26: The Coach

Hi all

I would suggest, (as well as posting here)- to log a 48 support request also.

http://www.48months.ie/help/ask-agent

Be as descriptive as possible, and include where you are (town & county) make and model of handset, & when you lost 3G (time, approx)

:-)

I would defer from any other troubleshooting method, save from either a power cycle/flight mode toggle, as suggested by 48 themselves.

Posted from Samsung GT-I9100
Level 2: The Newbie

I had perfect connection up to last night, this morning on my way to work i noticed i couldnt load any pages, After restarting the phone i get intermittent connection. I kept trying to do a speed test, It succeeded around once out of 20 tries fully. other times it starts, and half way through the test gives me a network communication error. When it succeeded i got around .2 down, where i live being so close to a mast i usually get 3.5odd. Also sometimes when browsing the net the loading of pages times out, or sometimes i get redirected to an "error 53" page saying temporary service issue. I dont know if this is a message from the chrome browser on my phone or if it is from the 48 network.

Anyway just said id let you know what has been going on for me, as i said working perfectly until this morning, and even after restarts its intermittent, and very slow. Maybe its just me i dont know. Sure let me know if its just me, otherwise said id try help. 

The Legend

Are you sure it's not http error 503 - service unavailable because the data connection disappears while the browser is trying to do something?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Posted from Android 4.1

Your right, Just tried to load google there. First time got the little chrome dinosaur icon. No connection.

Refreshed and i got just text but the layout was wrong and got no images,

Third try i got the following, loading each page took ~20 seconds which for a HTC One is longer than usual given i can see a mast outside my window.

Screenshot_2014-02-05-17-37-4312.jpg

I have an iPhone 5 and I do not have data connection neither. Tried to turn my mobile off and on again but it doesn't help.
Posted from Apple iPad

Hi i have lost my internet connection since like the 3rd on feb.. can it be fixed pls!! 

Woke up this morning and my internet is working fine again!

This has happened (twice) me for the first time today.

A reboot of the phone sorted it.

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android 4.1.2

I'm having no luck at all getting the connection on my phone to work. Been off since Sunday evening and no sign of it coming back. Tried turning on and off the phone, taking out the SIM card but nothing works for me. Please sort it out.

The Legend

[ Edited ]

At the risk of getting flamed again ... I'd suggest that you log a support request to get 48 support to look into your specific issue here:

How to get help

I presume that your membership/add-on data allowance is still OK and your internet/APN settings are correct?

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.

Hi, I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, and a building that I regurly go to has no signal as it is underground, however, now when I come out of this building, the 48months APN is gone? Turning the phone off then back on doesnt fix this problem, I have to manually put the APN in again.

Any help on this would be great.
Thanks

Level 26: The Coach

Hi cillianreid

Funny you should post in...

I have 2 buddies on 48, who have a Samsung S4 & Galaxy Note respectively.

They both have exactly the same issue as you, if coverage is dropped, they need to re-install APN settings.

Its a really unexepected, random thing, it would seem like the setting's won't save correctly to the handset - for reasons unknown.

I suggested my friends photograph the APN setting's for handiness...so that if it spontaneously disappeared again, it would be at hand, instead of flailing about without internet...

Afraid even if you log a support ticket - i would imagine the feedback would be to re-instal the relevent settings...

Is it a Samsung thing?.. Not convinced it is.

I have an S2 & it's Never happened myself...

Posted from Samsung GT-I9100

Check these out
How to Join 48

Mates Rates

Want to earn some extra credit or cash? Simples. Get your mates signed up to 48 and we’ll give you €10 credit…for free!

The 48 Community Helper Program

Before you can use 48 your phone needs to be unlocked.

Need help unlocking your phone?