Members

The Legend

Re: Issue with some customers losing 3G connection

Maybe this is a more general problem with cetain Samsung handsets...?

http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/showthread.php/2552-Phone-lost-APN-settings-now-won-t-let-me-put-the...

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Rock Star

Granted - It very well could be...

:-)
Posted from Samsung GT-I9100
Average Joe

Two weeks I have had no internet it's an absolute joke this network can pay me back the money I have spent to get internet this month. Ridiculous!!! I have an iPhone 4 so it's not just samsung
Posted from Apple iPhone
Rock Star

Hi oldbangergrey

Is your APN present & correct in your setting's list?

(Im not iphone savvy)

Gladiator

"Two weeks I have had no internet it's an absolute joke this network can pay me back the money I have spent to get internet this month. Ridiculous!!! I have an iPhone 4 so it's not just samsung"

Well with respect .. considering it's the first time you have posted about it, it's disappointing that you just lash out and label 48 as an 'absolute joke' without any effort to fix it....

Can you offer more background to all of the efforts you have made to fix this ? This might help people pitching in with ideas ... I have an iPhone 5 and 48 has worked perfectly well for a long long time. What did 48 say when you logged a report with the helpline ?

Average Joe

can anyone tell me how to get connection back on an iphone 4? i dont know what the apn thing is about or how to find it on my phone...

The Legend

Follow all of the steps here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Samsung-Galaxy-phones-internet-settings/m-p/13363#M4013

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Gladiator

katieleahy:

can anyone tell me how to get connection back on an iphone 4? i dont know what the apn thing is about or how to find it on my phone...

katie - When you say 'connection' I have to assume you mean 3G ? Internet connection ? check out the first post in this thread. Do a hard reset on your iPhone. Hold the power and the home button down and keep them down until the screen goes black and keep them down until the apple logo appears and let go.

If this doesn't work, then go to:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Apple-iPhones-internet-settings/m-p/3358/highlight/true#M1...

This will tell you how to navigate the settings part of your iphone to where the 48months settings are.

And scroll down to find the instructions for the iOS you are using ... iOS6 ? or iOS 7 ?

Average Joe

NO SIGNAL , NETWORK DOWN , 12/2/14

No signal and network down since this afternoon i checked with 4 other users all have same fault

any news about getting us back up and running?

Rock Star

[ Edited ]

Hi 300

This could be an Area Mast issue, have you & your mates contacted 48 support?

Please do at the nearest opportunity.

Include your Town/County,Handset make/model & rough time-frame when 3G was lost.

Edit: Try a power cycle & check your APN is present & correct meanwhile.

http://www.48months.ie/help/ask-agent

Hopefully it'll be resolved soon...

Average Joe

Hi, im also expericing issues with my interent connection, its not working at all, even when i restart my phone. somethimes even my phone service is going and not coming back for long periods of time.

Please help. 

Average Joe

Having the same problem in Clonmel, my network is down completely since yesterday. On a standard membership with samsung pebble phone. The SIM keep refreshing, there's no bars and I can't phone or text.

The Legend

[ Edited ]

Bear in mind that there was a lot of storm damage last night in case this is a contributory factor here...

Edit: looks like it might be a factor for some people judging by this update which has just been posted:

Service disruption on O2 network to due severe wea..

Average Joe

Hi there

My iphone5 has been dropping 3g connection for the last couple of weeks, and I have to completely power my phone off and then on again at least once every day.

I only just noticed this thread today and wonder if other users are still experiencing this problem.  I'm usually around Dubin 2, 4, 6 and as far as Stillorgan N11.

I only paid my 2nd 20e membership on the 7th but have been so frustrated with the lack of 3g that I'm only going to pay for the 10e membershipo next month.  A

I'm not sure whether this thread gets answered or how I go about reporting the issue in order to have 48 try to resolve it, any advice much appreciated :-)

Thanks

Karen

The Legend

gizzabreak wrote:

I'm not sure whether this thread gets answered or how I go about reporting the issue in order to have 48 try to resolve it, any advice much appreciated :-)

To flag this with 48 support you log a support ticket as explained here:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

Cast your vote!
Help choose a colour for the new Knowledgebase!