Members

Level 7: White Belt

Re: Issue with some customers losing 3G connection

I have often been in Vincents and most of it is a black hole building for all networks. 

The Legend

Yes - but my point was that coming back out and regaining the network signal I did not regain data access and had to reboot to get it back. Lots of buildings have no coverage (e.g. in lifts etc.) but the network signal and data do come back OK after being lost temporarily.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Level 2: The Newbie

Hi there

Some good news - I posted about dropping data about a week ago but  I haven't had a problem losing 3g for about 7 days now.  Prior to that I was losing 3g data  up to 3 times a day for the preceding  3 weeks.

Thanks!

Crew Member

Thanks for those updates dalyer and gizzabreak.

@dalyer - are you still using a Huawei G300?  You mentioned that handset in a previous thread, so just wanted to double-check.

Level 3: Fresh Meat

Hi my 3G has not worked for weeks... Tried a network reset and it works for about 3 hours...calls also been affected
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

techie_kev wrote:

@dalyer - are you still using a Huawei G300?  You mentioned that handset in a previous thread, so just wanted to double-check.

No - I'm using a Haier W910 running Android JB 4.1.2:

http://www.chinaphonereview.com/haier-w910

I have not had problems with loss of data until recently.

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Community Manager

dersonly1shano wrote:
Hi my 3G has not worked for weeks... Tried a network reset and it works for about 3 hours...calls also been affected

Hey,

If calls also affected then it sounds like your issue is not limited to the 3G problem, so it's best if you contact an Agent about it so they can investigate the broader issue - pop a new request here. Smiley Happy

My issue is slightly different, I'm not too sure if it related. I bought extra internet as an add-on but my internet doesn't seem to be working. Is there an activation period?

Level 26: The Coach

Hi rainbow1×o

Have you also an active membership running?

This is a requirement to ensure service is operational on 48...

:-)
Posted from Samsung GT-I9100

Hi 1amcn,

Yes I do. It expires next month. My calls and texts are still working fine. Do you know if I have to wait a certain amount of time before my internet is operational? Smiley Happy

The Legend

Unfortuantely the online account does not clarify when an internet add-on expires.

It's a bit of a flaw that I reported to 48 support a while back.

Dialing *100*8# may tell you when it expires - I can't remember.

Handy short-codes

However if you have bought an internet add-on and have a current membership then it should work.

You do also have to configure your internet settings for it to work though - follow all of the steps here to do this:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Samsung-Galaxy-phones-internet-settings/m-p/13363#M4013

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your help! 

The Legend

DId it work?

What did you do?

I have an iPhone and I followed the instructions below! 

• Go to Settings
  • Go to Mobile
  • Go to Mobile Data
  • Under Mobile Data Network, enter the Internet settings available in the next section
  • Under MMS, enter the MMS settings available in the next section
  • Switch 3G off and on
  • APN -  48months.liffeytelecom.com

Username -  leave blank

Password - leave blank

MMS Proxy - 10.1.11.19:8080

MMSC -  http://mmc1/servlets/mms 

MMS Max Message Size - 307200

MMSC UA Prof URL: leave blank 

Thanks again Cat Very Happy

The Legend

OK - so the issue was that you had an internet add-on but had not configured your internet settings but now that you have it all works fine? That's good.

Check these out
How to Join 48

Mates Rates

Want to earn some extra credit or cash? Simples. Get your mates signed up to 48 and we’ll give you €10 credit…for free!

The 48 Community Helper Program

Before you can use 48 your phone needs to be unlocked.

Need help unlocking your phone?