Members

Community Manager

[Resolved] Network Outage - 06/April

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Just to let you know we’re currently experiencing an issue with the network at the minute.

Our tech guys are currently looking into this as a priority and should have your service restored shortly.

Calls, texts and Internet are affected.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

EmmettMa

LATEST UPDATE 06/04/15 @ 23:40

Service has now been restored to all customers.  If you are still experiencing issues, please turn off your phone and turn it on again.  This will force your phone to re-attach itself to the network and should resolve any remaining issues.  If you are still experiencing an issue, please contact a 48 Agent.

This issue has occurred due to an electrical failure at one of our data centres which caused an increase in temperature in the building and then subsequently impacted some systems affecting customer service.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue.  We will be reviewing this incident and we will revert to you with further information as soon as we have it.

Previous updates (click on "more info"):

More info

Update 06/04/15 @ 22:33

The majority of customers will now have their service fully restored.  Customers who may still be impacted by this issue are in the North Dublin, Louth and border areas. We are working hard to restore full service in these areas as soon as possible.

This issue has occurred due to an electrical failure at one of our data centres which caused an increase in temperature in the building and then subsequently impacted some systems affecting customer service.

Update 06/04/15 @ 21:00

Service is now being slowly restored, so some of you will already now be able to use your calls, texts and data.  Service will gradually be restored to all customers.

Average Joe

Re: Network Outage - 06/April

Dya wanna hurry the **bleep** up some people like using their phones.
Posted from Samsung GT-I8190
Average Joe

For f**k sake its been down here in falcarragh donegal all day and its just not good enough..paying for a service we do not have..and this better not b the start of a regular thing either!! Get the fingers out lads and fix it
Posted from Apple iPhone
Community Manager

mavisb wrote:
For f**k sake its been down here in falcarragh donegal all day and its just not good enough..paying for a service we do not have..and this better not b the start of a regular thing either!! Get the fingers out lads and fix it

There are engineers on site investigating the cause of the issue. Once they determine a cause, they'll be able to fix it.

Average Joe

It's down in Galway too. This is the second time that this has happened to me and I only started using this network in January.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Average Joe

Do you's mind hurrying it on we are not paying money for nothing it's been gone all day and some people like to you's their fones so get a move on
Posted from Apple iPhone
Average Joe

hi

ive heard its a problem at three their network is down , is this what happens when the worst network in ireland 3 takes over 02 one of the best ones , we'll soon be dealing with tech support in mumbai or delhi , more of this and you'll have customers  switching to vodafone or meteor  just to get away from 3 and their "network"

Average Joe

Im really annoyed at this,, my network has nearly been down now for 4 hours like!  I dont think its ever been down this long before when the service is down for 48 users? Im expecting important texts and calls  aswell and its just getting ridiculous now .Will someone please give us an update soon as to when its going to be back to normal its really frustrating.I think 4 hours is long enough now to be honest! I need service soon and Im sure everyone else agrees with me so please get it sorted !

yvonne.

Average Joe

Hi!

Please, I need my sim to work. Fix it faster.........

Thanks!

First thing in the morning is gonna be vodafone retailer. Coz cant take this bull**bleep** anymore!!! cant use any services since lunch. Co. Galway
Posted from Sony D5503
Average Joe

Well done. God knows how many bank holidays you have screwed up for people !! And not one decent explanation for it either.

Average Joe

Any update?? need my phone for work to make calls. cant depend on wifi. 

Understand yer probably up the walls so thanks Smiley Happy

Average Joe

I'm sad! This evening very important for me!
Posted from Apple iPad
Average Joe

Same thing in dublin is down since anout 2 o'clock
Posted from Samsung SM-N910F
Average Joe

Hi,
I was expecting a call from a job that I recently had an interview with it have to be honest I've been with this network for a year now and it's been great till this happened but now I'm extremely annoyed with this situation as I could lose something I've been working so hard for because someone That has a job wasn't doing it properly
Posted from Sony D6603