Members

Average Joe

Re: Network Outage - 06/April

I know i didn't get it as I've just checked my private messages from the last outage with 48
Posted from Apple iPad
Crew Member

Update 06/04/15 @ 22:33

The majority of customers will now have their service fully restored.  Customers who may still be impacted by this issue are in the North Dublin, Louth and border areas. We are working hard to restore full service in these areas as soon as possible.

This issue has occurred due to an electrical failure at one of our data centres which caused an increase in temperature in the building and then subsequently impacted some systems affecting customer service.

The Legend

[ Edited ]

benmeade wrote:
I know i didn't get it as I've just checked my private messages from the last outage with 48

Well this is one case that I was thinking of.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Techie-Updates/Compensation-for-outage-on-2nd-October/m-p/11631/high...

I can't find verification of the other one that I was thinking of so maybe I was mistaken.

Edit: this was the other case that I was thinking of - where 48 made a charitable donation in lieu of compensation to members:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Techie-Updates/48-and-the-PMV-Trust-www-pmvtrust-ie/m-p/17529#U17529

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Average Joe

Can we get an update?  I'm based in rathmines and still have zero service..nothing works.

The Legend

claffey wrote:

Can we get an update?  I'm based in rathmines and still have zero service..nothing works.

Did you switch off and on again or manually scan for networks and reconnect to 48?

The latter sorted things for me earlier around 9pm.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Average Joe

Easily the worst network ive been with, can't wait to switch networks!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Average Joe

Hi! I can send text and call but my data is not workng yet. What can I do?

Crew Member

Re: [Resolved] Network Outage - 06/April

LATEST UPDATE 06/04/15 @ 23:40

Service has now been restored to all customers.  If you are still experiencing issues, please turn off your phone and turn it on again.  This will force your phone to re-attach itself to the network and should resolve any remaining issues.  If you are still experiencing an issue, please contact a 48 Agent.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue.  We will be reviewing this incident and we will revert to you with further information as soon as we have it.

Average Joe

Nope, still not working for me.
Posted from OnePlus A0001
The Legend

For people still experiencing problems as mentioned above have you switched off and on again or manually rescanned for networks and reconnected to 48? That should sort it out if the network is back working.

Hope this helps.

Crew Member (retired)

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys, the issues experienced by some of our 48 customers yesterday has been resolved. Basically there was electrical failure at one of our data centres that affected 48, Three and Tesco Mobile. We just want to say thanks for everyone’s patience and apologise for any inconvenience caused. ~ Damian from 48

Average Joe

Still have no data. Have tried all suggested 'fixes' such as turning off and back on again, rescanning for networks. To no avail.

The Legend

Are your APN/internet settings still correct?

What are they?

Average Joe

Ah - had to reset my APN settings - all good now....

Average Joe

I had to put the APN settings in again to get my internet back..