Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Network issue affecting outbound calls

techie_kev
Crew
Crew

Hi everyone,

We are currently experiencing a network issue which is affecting outbound calls.  You can continue to receive calls from outside the 48 network.  Texts and data are not affected.

This has been escalated to the highest possible level with our service engineers, who are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Please check back here for the latest updates.

Techie Kev

Update - 29th October @ 09:46 

The issue has now been resolved by our engineers since approx 09:25.  We will continue to closely monitor all services to ensure everything is fully operational.  Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you this morning.

9 REPLIES 9

kcasey
Newcomer
How long until this issue is resolved?

Anon
Not applicable
What is the point in getting membership for calling when I can't even enforce that function??

musicman
Newcomer

No worries theses things happen 

Ted

senna
Newcomer

This network has experienced problems; today, 28/7/14, 19/3/14, 20/2/14, 19/12/13 and 27/9/13.

Thats a lot of network issues.

One word comes to mind, incompetence.

/ɪnˈkɒmpɪt(ə)ns/

noun

noun: incompetence; plural noun: incompetences

inability to do something successfully; ineptitude.

synonyms:

ineptitude, ineptness, inability, lack of ability, incapability, incapacity, lack of skill, lack of proficiency, amateurishness, inexpertness, clumsiness, ineffectiveness, inadequacy, deficiency, inefficiency, ineffectuality, ineffectualness, insufficiency................

Only in my first month of membership and so far so good until this morning. Just seen the post above referencing repeated network issues. I even had to use a landline earlier :-0

Hi @senna,

I’d just like to follow up on your post here suggesting we have had lots of ongoing network problems this year.

Last year we certainly had issues with major outages in September and December.  We recognise that those issues were a major inconvenience to customers so we have been investing lots to improve the stability of the network. Today’s incident is the first major issue affecting calls this year.  Nevertheless we will be undertaking a full post-incident review with our service partners to understand why the issue this morning happened and to stop it happening again.

We did experience some intermittent data issues in January, but this did not affect all customers.  We also experienced issues around the country in February due to widespread storms that battered the country for a few days. All networks were affected and engineers worked around the clock to repair masts.

We always take feedback on board but just to note, when you look at a post on the Community, the date you see is the last post on that thread, it’s not always the date of the incident itself!

Techie Kev

techie_kev
Crew
Crew

Update - 29th October @ 09:46 

The issue has now been resolved by our engineers since approx 09:25.  We will continue to closely monitor all services to ensure everything is fully operational.  Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you this morning.

hi

phone number 089 2042589

i have still no outbound calls at 12.06 need phone badly off 3 days now

mary

What does your online account say about your membership status, expiry date and allowance balances?

Can you call any numbers at all? Other 48 numbers? Other non 48 mobiles? Landlines?

Can you text?

Can you receive calls/texts?

If your problem started 3 days ago then I don't think that it has anything to do with this morning's temporary issue.

By the way you probably shouldn't post your phone number on a public website.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.