Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service disruption on 48 network to due severe weather [Resolved]

techie_kev
Crew
Crew

Hi everyone,

Due to the recent severe weather conditions and resulting power outages, there are a number of sites out of service on the 48 network. As a result, 48 customers may experience coverage issues with voice and data services, particularly in areas worst impacted by the storm including the South West, South East and parts of the Midlands. 

All available engineers and technical teams are working as hard and as quickly as possible to get services back up and running, however in some instances the conditions and ongoing power outages may delay the resumption of services.

We would like to assure customers that all efforts are being made to restore service as quickly as possible and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Techie Kev

Latest update: 18th Feb @ 09:41

Work is still ongoing to get the remaining sites back online.  We are down to about 44 sites across the country which are still out of service.   At the height of the storms over the past week there were approx. 190 sites out of service.

In a lot of cases, there have been power outages which have prevented sites coming back online.  Local conditions have often been hazardous, preventing engineers and rigging crews getting access to sites.  The images below give you an idea of the challenges they’ve faced getting access to some of the sites:

2014-02-15 14.57.21.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Anon
Not applicable
No reception in riverchaple/courtown any idea when it will be up again?

Hi seangreene, there is an ongoing issue in Courtown/Ashill area and riggers are due there this morning, so hopefully they will be able to resolve the issue then. Unfortunately, I don't have any more accurate information for you than that at this stage.

Anon
Not applicable
Whats the current update, can get incoming but no outgoing, note that no other service provider is, to my knowledge, out of service

marionh
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

@bktom wrote:
Whats the current update, can get incoming but no outgoing, note that no other service provider is, to my knowledge, out of service

bktom, I just sent you a PM. How long have you not been able to make outgoing calls? I'd recommend raising an Agent case about it (you can do it here) so the Care Crew can take a closer look at the issue.