Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Update on recent outages (October 2013)

The Legend

conor143 wrote:

all my contacts have been removed off my phone ever since this happend and if i try to save a new number it wont work why is this. 

Almost certainly this has nothing to do with the outage or 48's service generally.

Did you do a factory reset of your phone? 

What phone make/model do you have?
Where are you trying to save contacts - e.g. onto the SIM, into the phone etc.?

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Buddy

can u plz clarify u guys said that everyones membership is been extended by 48 hours which is great but guido and duke members get extra mins also should don maybe not get extra landline mins ?

0 Likes

The Legend

See here: 

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Just-Hang-Out/Are-we-getting-any-payment-or-free-membership-to-make-...

This is what was announced on Facebook.

It has not been applied yet. Certainly not to my account anyway!

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Average Joe

I still amn't receiving/sending calls or texts! I have to keep turning on and off my phone to get it working for about an hour...

0 Likes

Anon
Kev, you're not saying anything about the network not working this morning. I'm trying to pay membership, what's the score?
Posted from Apple iPad

[ Edited ]
The Legend

Anybody still having problems should log a support request if they haven't done so already. And if they have they should keep checking their email or open help ticket online. In my experience 48 support staff rarely deal with issues directly here on the forum so just posting here is not going to help as far as I know.

How to get help

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Crew Member

Hi @imurphy, our platform is owned by Telefonica and is managed and maintained by Ericsson.  As you mentioned, testing and verification was completed when the change was made overnight.  However, the issue did not emerge until we saw peak traffic on the platform that afternoon.  Nevertheless, we are reviewing all of our change procedures with Ericsson to prevent this happening again.

For those of you that are still experiencing problems, please ask a 48 agent for help.  We are confident that the issue is now resolved and we are closely monitoring all our services, however there may still be some individual cases where your phone is unable to re-connect fully to the network and our agents can help you to troubleshoot this issue.

0 Likes

Anon
Same here my internet went all day yesterday, I logged on and couldn't see my 48 membership details, I bought an extra 1gb
Posted from HTC M7

The Legend

rurunets wrote:
Same here my internet went all day yesterday, I logged on and couldn't see my 48 membership details, I bought an extra 1gb

For what it's worth ... if you find that you cannot log in or see your membership info and calls/texts/data allowances then you can also get some of this info using these short codes:

Handy short-codes

I put these into my contacts for ease of access.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Anon

One of the benefits of the current upgrade working we are undertaking is to increase the speed of your data traffic.  The good news is that the work to complete these imprOne of the benefits of the current upgrade working we are undertaking is to increase the speed of your data traffic.  The good news is that the work to complete these improvements will be completed in the coming weeks and you will begin to see improvements to your data speed from mid-November.  I will provide a further update again here on the Community closer to the time.ovements will be completed in the coming weeks and you will begin to see improvements to your data speed from mid-November.  I will provide a further update again here on the Community closer to the time.

Hi just wondering are there any updates , are we still on schedule to receive improvements to data speed from mid november?

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community