Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website changes: the new 48 Member Shop

techie_kev
Crew
Crew

Hi everyone,

Today we launched the 48 Member Shop on our website; your one stop shop to buy your membership, add-ons and credit.  This has simplified the steps you take to buy everything you need for your calls, texts and internet. 

This is all part of the ongoing upgrade programme on our website following the launch of the website re-design in June.   This update will also fix some of the payment issues you guys have been experiencing using the Chrome browser on Android.

We have also introduced a new feature on My 48 to show you when your next membership will start.  This is a small change, but as some of you have pointed out, you want to know when your next membership starts not when it expires.

Screenshot of My 48

All of the changes we have been making this summer are all leading to our responsive website –  the site will be tailored to work on any device you use; computer, tablet or smartphone.  We are in the final stages of testing the responsive website and will be inviting you guys to try out the site in advance of the full launch.

We’ll have more on that in next couple of weeks, so if you’re interested in trying out the responsive website before we launch it please let me know in the comments below.

Till next time,

Techie Kev

14 REPLIES 14

Anon
Not applicable
I know this is an old thread but im trying to top up /purchase new months membership and your website wont allow me to do so. Each time I manage to get to the top up or purxhase new membership menues neither will allow me to add anytging to cart and as a result I cant check it out or pay for it. The "add to cart" link will not highlight to let me press it! Any idea why or how to fix??

It's an old thread but the info above was only posted the other day so this is the right place to report issues with the new payment pages. Man Happy

What browser and device are you using?

Can you try another?

I too have problems with the new payment pages on Chrome 37 on Windows 7 64 bit but things work better on IE 11. However so far 48 support cannot reproduce the problems that I am seeing. Man Sad

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Also having problems buying membership here. Using Google Chrome on mobile and laptop. I get as far as checkout, choose card option but then it won't continue. Any ideas?

Using Samsung S3 btw. Have also tried firefox on laptop and normal internet on mobile but no joy.

Just bought some credit in a shop and added it to the account via *100*etc option. €10 visible on account but still impossible to buy membership. Goes as far as checkout but again continue button won't work. Can you please apply membership to account and take it from credit?

Anon
Not applicable

Just had the exact same problem there. The problem lies with the fact that when your internet runs out 48 blocks every site except its own. This is grand on the surface but the problem here is that they are using Google hosted libraries for their jQuery, which is what that purchase page is using, so the jquery isn't being loaded when your internet runs out because Google is blocked, and so the page breaks (if you open up the console on your browser on that page you'll see loads of errors). The solution to this is either for them to unblock that specific domain where the jQuery library is being hosted or alternatively to host it directly on their servers.

This is a pretty annoying problem, I had to give my login details to a friend to buy more internet when mine had run out. Does anyone know if there is somewhere to report bugs?

@ohjann wrote:

Does anyone know if there is somewhere to report bugs?

I think the only way to flag what you think is a bug is to report it to 48 support:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Sounds like you tried a good few things there.
Might be time to log a support request to ask 48 support for help?

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did you try buying membership by text?
Text Guido or whatever to 1745.

Hope this helps.