Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I use 48 abroad?

Started ‎06-05-2013 by
Modified ‎27-07-2017 by

Click on one of the options below and we'll take you through everything you need to know.

I'm in Ireland and I want to call/text someone who is not in Ireland

I'm out of Ireland and I want to use my 48 phone there

I'm in Ireland and I want to call/text someone who is not in Ireland

• Calls and texts to Irish mobile numbers in other countries are covered in your membership.

• International calls (calls and texts to all non-Irish phone numbers) are not included in any of our memberships.

• There is no add-on for international calls – to make international calls simply buy some credit on top of your existing membership; you can use it for your calls and texts to your friends elsewhere on the world.

• To get an idea of how much credit you'll have to buy, check out our international call prices:

Click on "more info" below to view prices:

More info

Europe:

Calls to mobiles and Landlines 50c
Texts 25c

Canada, USA, New Zealand and Australia:

Calls to mobiles and Landlines 75c
Texts 25c

Rest of the world:

Calls to mobiles and Landlines €1.00
Texts 25c

For more details visit 48's other call charges page

I'm out of Ireland and I want to use my 48 phone there

1. What works and what doesn't work while you're abroad

• Calls/Texts: 48 supports roaming for calls and texts

• Internet: Data roaming is only available in the EU on the Guido plan. Otherwise if you want to use your internet abroad, it's best to use the local wifi 

• MMS/picture messages: You'll have to use data to send these so they won't work while you're abroad, unless you're in the EU and on the Guido plan.

2. What are the costs?

EU roaming:

If you're travelling within the EU your cheapest option is to switch to the Guido membership. 

Other Roaming charges

All incoming/outgoing calls and outgoing texts will be charged from credit balance.

For more details visit 48's other call charges page.

Still confused? Something not working the way it should?

We've got a bunch of extremely knowledgeable people on our community, it's the best place to find more explanation and help. Give it a try!

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Contributors
Article Dashboard