cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
63% helpful (20/32)
Admin48
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

Want to know more on how you can buy a plan, add ons, or just add some extra credit to your account? Just keep reading! 

If you want to know more about plans and payments, check out our other article, here 

How to buy your first plan.

1. Login to your My48 on desktop or app.
  2. Go to >> Plan, or in a hurry click, here 
  3. Choose the plan you’d like.
  4. Add your card.
  5. Your plan will auto-renew every month by default. You can turn this off in My Profile under Payment Details.
  6. Enjoy your new plan and all of its benefits

How to buy a plan as an existing customer.

1. Login to your My48 on desktop or app.
  2. Go to >> Plan, or in a hurry click, here 
  3. If you have an active plan and want to renew this again, then select "Buy next plan".
  4. If your current plan has expired, then chose from the available options displayed. 
  5. Once you've selected the plan you want, a new screen will display your purchase summary.  
  6. You'll have the option to pay from your registered card, your available credit balance, or you can add a new payment card.

The Benefits of turning on Auto Renew?

Auto renew allows you to set up recurring payment to renew your plan automatically. As we're a prepay service, you'll need to purchase your plan every month to continue receiving the allowance you want. With auto renew, it takes the manual effort out off buying a plan, as we’ll auto debit your registered payment card every month.

This means more free time for you, and you're never without an active plan 😉.

Once you buy your plan, tick the "auto renew" option, so it will automatically renew on the same day every month without the need for you to log in or overthink things. 

How to set up Auto-Renew.

Auto renew is on by default for all new customers. You can turn this off in My Profile under Payment Details.

You can remove/edit your auto new preferences at any time by logging in to My48 > My Profile > Payment Details >Toggle off/on Auto Renew. 

How to buy an add ons.

1. Sign into your My48 on desktop or app.
  2. Go to >> Flexi data option.
  3. Select the option for add ons in the navigation bar, also available here
  4. Select the add on you want to purchase.
  5. You'll have the option to pay from your registered card, your available credit balance, or you can add a new payment card.

How to buy additional credit.

If you need some extra credit to make international calls, buy add ons, send MMS, or just to want to have available credit on your account for a rainy day, then follow the below steps. Remember, you can also use additional credit to buy future plans.

Just a heads up: Your available credit balance will need to be greater than or equal to your plan purchase. If your available credit is less than your plan price, it won’t display the option to purchase a plan from your credit balance. 

1. Sign into your My48 on your desktop or app.
  2. Click My Profile >> select the option payment details, also available here
  3. Beside Credit Balance, you will see the option to Add Credit.
  4. Once selected, your new screen will give you the option to add a fixed credit amount, or manually enter the credit amount you want to add to your account. 
  5. You'll have the option to pay from your registered card or you can add a new payment card.

How to register or update your payment card.

Login to your My48 > Go to My Profile > Payment Details. Here you can add, edit, or delete your payment Card details. 

Giftshop

The giftshop is an instant top up facility that allows you to purchase a plan/credit for another 48 customer, or purchase a plan/credit for yourself without having to login to your My48. 

Enter the 48 member's mobile number, choose the plan or top-up amount option, and then select Buy Now.

For gift plan/credit purchases, we'll issue your friend a text to let them know they're back in action once your purchase has been confirmed.

Just a Heads Up: If your friend has gifted you additional credit rather than a plan, you’ll need to login to your My48 account to purchase your plan from your new available credit balance. Don't worry though, you'll get a text notification to let you know when you've been topped up 😎 

If you're still stuck, why not ask our Community members a question? They will be able to point you in the right direction!

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Version history
Last update:
‎03-07-2023 04:02 PM
Updated by: