cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
84% helpful (21/25)
Admin48
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

We're sorry to hear about that. Was it something we said? Well, all good things come to an end.

You will be glad to hear that it's very easy to move your 48 number to another network.

Just contact the network you want to move to and they will arrange everything from there. As your account on 48 is a prepay account, you won't need an account number for them to submit a port for your number. Once your number has moved your 48 account will no longer be active.

If I leave what happens to my credit?

We're sorry to say that you will lose any credit or plans that you have. It might be an idea to use any available credit or plans before you leave. 

What if I don't want to move to another network?

If you don't wish to move to another network and don't want to keep your number, you can simply stop using it. Don't forget to turn off your auto renew if it is still enabled to stop any future payments. Auto renew can be turned off by logging into your My48 > My Profile > Payment details > Toggle off Auto Renew. 

After 6 months to 1 year of inactivity (inactivity meaning no calls/texts/internet usage, and no top-ups or plan purchases), your number may be recycled. This means that any unused credit will be lost, your account will be closed, and your number may be given to someone else. 

Full terms and conditions are available, here: https://48.ie/legal/terms-and-conditions

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Version history
Last update:
‎30-05-2023 09:32 AM
Updated by: