Members

Crew Member (retired)

BIG BIG news for 48ers!!!

[ Edited ]

We are stoked to announce that from today all 48 customers can go absolutely nuts with Unlimited Messaging on WhatsApp.

This basically means that you can send as many WhatsApp messages as you want, all day long, to all of your friends and none of your data allocation will be used.

No data left? No problem you can still message your mates using WhatsApp.

So here’s a handy list of places you can chat all day on WhatsApp without using ANY of your data allocation … On the bus, in your bed, on the jacks, in a lecture, in detention, in the pub, in the cinema…wherever you like! And here is a list of ways you WILL lose Data allocation when you use WhatsApp Messaging … Every other network in Ireland…

That’s right, 48 are the only network in Ireland currently offering Unlimited Messaging on WhatsApp and you’ve heard it here first. So if you haven’t joined the WhatsApp party yet, then get involved here.

Got a question about WhatsApp? Click here.

As well as this exciting partnership with WhatsApp, today is the day we make our changes to the Don and Standard Membership plans. From today, when you buy the Don you will get…

• A whopping 8GB data
  • 1000 Mobile Minutes to any Mobile Network
  • Unlimited texts to any Mobile Network
  • 60 landline mins

And when you buy the Standard you will get…

• 300 mins to any Mobile Network
  • Unlimited texts to any Mobile Network
  • 20 landline mins

Need more info on memberships? Check out the details here.

Average Joe

Re: BIG BIG news for 48ers!!!

Is there not going to be any more data in the standard €10 plan 💔
Posted from Apple iPhone
Average Joe

How do I activate the unlimited whats app?
Posted from Android 5.0
Average Joe

They just stole iMessage and made it better
Posted from Apple iPhone
Average Joe

So upset they're getting rid of data on the €10 plan that was basically the only reason I joined!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Average Joe

€10 plan was the only reason I and my couple friends switched to this network, if they are reducing the landline minutes and removing data Im going to switch to another network for sure. That plan was ideal for me...
Posted from Lenovo A806
Average Joe

Likewise :/ the €10 plan was so handy but now at €20 a month you could get as good as or better deal some where else 👎 really like this company but i feel this is a bad decision
Posted from Apple iPhone
Average Joe

Crew Member (retired)

Hey.  You just need to download whatsApp.  If you already have it then you ensure you have the correct internet settings on your phone and you are good to go.

You can update your internet settings here http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/Can-t-get-online/m-p/33981#U33981.

If this helps then can you accept it as a solution. ~ Damian from 48

Average Joe

Yeah you still keep the 1GB
Posted from Google Nexus 5
The Legend

[ Edited ]

unaluttrell wrote:
So upset they're getting rid of data on the €10 plan that was basically the only reason I joined!

edgu wrote:
€10 plan was the only reason I and my couple friends switched to this network, if they are reducing the landline minutes and removing data Im going to switch to another network for sure. That plan was ideal for me...

cog97 wrote:
Likewise :/ the €10 plan was so handy but now at €20 a month you could get as good as or better deal some where else 👎 really like this company but i feel this is a bad decision

I think that some people are confusing the old €10 Standard membership with the €10 Guido membership.

Standard membership used to have unlimited texts and mobile calls and 60 (?) mins of landline calls but no data.

Now it's changed as explained above. Standard membership makes no real sense now as for €10 you get a better deal on the Guido membership.

Guido membership is unchanged:

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
The Legend

tolu95 wrote:
How do I activate the unlimited whats app?

I don't think that you need to activate it - just use it?

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Average Joe

You still have the 10euro deal with 1G 300min 60min landline
Posted from HTC One M7
The Legend

In case you're asking if that's the case then, yes - it is.

Guido €10 membership:

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans

Hope this helps.

Average Joe

Does this still work if we are roaming?
Posted from Apple iPhone