Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: BIG BIG news for 48ers!!!

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎10-06-2015 03:02 PM

@unaluttrell wrote:
So upset they're getting rid of data on the €10 plan that was basically the only reason I joined!

@edgu wrote:
€10 plan was the only reason I and my couple friends switched to this network, if they are reducing the landline minutes and removing data Im going to switch to another network for sure. That plan was ideal for me...

@cog97 wrote:
Likewise :/ the €10 plan was so handy but now at €20 a month you could get as good as or better deal some where else 👎 really like this company but i feel this is a bad decision

I think that some people are confusing the old €10 Standard membership with the €10 Guido membership.

Standard membership used to have unlimited texts and mobile calls and 60 (?) mins of landline calls but no data.

Now it's changed as explained above. Standard membership makes no real sense now as for €10 you get a better deal on the Guido membership.

Guido membership is unchanged:

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
1 Like

The Legend
‎10-06-2015 03:02 PM

@tolu95 wrote:
How do I activate the unlimited whats app?

I don't think that you need to activate it - just use it?

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Average Joe
‎10-06-2015 03:05 PM
You still have the 10euro deal with 1G 300min 60min landline
Posted from HTC One M7
2 Likes

The Legend
‎10-06-2015 03:09 PM

In case you're asking if that's the case then, yes - it is.

Guido €10 membership:

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Average Joe
‎10-06-2015 03:44 PM
Does this still work if we are roaming?
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

Crew Member (retired)
‎10-06-2015 03:47 PM
Hey Emma

It will only work abroad when connected to Wi-Fi. 48 don't have any data roaming service so your 3G will not work abroad. That's why you will need Wi-Fi access to use whatsApp abroad.

I hope this answers your question.

Damian
0 Likes

Average Joe
‎10-06-2015 04:11 PM

Do still get to use Whatsapp even if my Monthly membership has ran out?Or does it only work if ive got a mambership and my data has ran out?

0 Likes

Crew Member (retired)
‎10-06-2015 04:21 PM
Hi Oliver

You will need an active membership to use whatsApp. Even if you have used all your data whatsApp messaging will still work as long as you have an active membership.

I hope this helps.

Damian
0 Likes

Average Joe
‎10-06-2015 05:55 PM

I currently have an active membership and have no data left. When I tried to connect to whatsapp it just says connecting and never connects. I can connect on wifi fine but not using my guido plan

0 Likes

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎10-06-2015 06:14 PM

Update: my speculation below was correct - unlimited WhatsApp access will only work on memberships that started on or after 10th June. It will not work on memberships that started before this date. In that case you have to wait for your next membership to start before it works.

I sort of just assumed that the unlimited WhatsApp thing applied to new memberships activating on or after 10th June 2015?

So maybe it'll work next time you renew your membership?

But maybe support can clarify for you:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community