Members

Crew Member (retired)

Re: BIG BIG news for 48ers!!!

Hey Emma

It will only work abroad when connected to Wi-Fi. 48 don't have any data roaming service so your 3G will not work abroad. That's why you will need Wi-Fi access to use whatsApp abroad.

I hope this answers your question.

Damian
Average Joe

Do still get to use Whatsapp even if my Monthly membership has ran out?Or does it only work if ive got a mambership and my data has ran out?

Crew Member (retired)

Hi Oliver

You will need an active membership to use whatsApp. Even if you have used all your data whatsApp messaging will still work as long as you have an active membership.

I hope this helps.

Damian
Average Joe

I currently have an active membership and have no data left. When I tried to connect to whatsapp it just says connecting and never connects. I can connect on wifi fine but not using my guido plan

The Legend

[ Edited ]

Update: my speculation below was correct - unlimited WhatsApp access will only work on memberships that started on or after 10th June. It will not work on memberships that started before this date. In that case you have to wait for your next membership to start before it works.

I sort of just assumed that the unlimited WhatsApp thing applied to new memberships activating on or after 10th June 2015?

So maybe it'll work next time you renew your membership?

But maybe support can clarify for you:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Average Joe

I reconfigured my internet settings but what's app still won't work without internet?? Please help Smiley Very Happy
Posted from Samsung GT-I8190N
The Legend

[ Edited ]

Update: my speculation below was correct - unlimited WhatsApp access will only work on memberships that started on or after 10th June. It will not work on memberships that started before this date. In that case you have to wait for your next membership to start before it works.

Perhaps it only works for memberships that start on or after 10th June 2015?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/The-Newsroom/BIG-BIG-news-for-48ers/m-p/35464#M244

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Average Joe

Thanks 48 because now all my friends can text for free
Posted from Sony D2005
Average Joe

Does the 1 year free trial work?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Average Joe

I just downloaded it and it won't work? Does data have to be turned on,even if it's ran out? Or can you do it without data on?
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

[ Edited ]

Of course data needs to be switched on.
And your internet/APN settings correctly configured.
As I said above perhaps it only works on memberships starting on or after 10th June? But 48 need to clarify that one.

I got this clarification from 48 support:

This should work for everyone now provided they have a membership with a data allowance or the add on.

They will need the correct settings also.  It went live at 9am yesterday morning so any whatsApp usage after this time will not be taken from their allowance.

For people with the standard they will need the internet add on.  Even though it will not use the allowance they still need to have a data active on their number.  If they buy the add on and use all 1GB they can still use whatsApp as long as the add on is still active.

When the add on expires whatsApp will not work.  They would need to buy a further add on.

Hope this helps.

Posted from Micromax A310
Coach

[ Edited ]

Someone needs to update the top post which suggests that the Guido is being reduced to 20 landline minutes and no data. Thanks for the free WhatsApp but I'd be gone like a flash if the other stuff went away. Fortunately the membership plans page, http://48months.ie/membership-plans, says that all the existing goodies are still there.

(Yes, I now know the top post refers to "standard" membership, but since this is no longer advertised, some of us have never heard of it).

Average Joe

Hi dalyer,

I have a current guido plan

my data has run out which would lead me to believe that my data settings are correct otherwise I would have full data. Still not working but thanks for your help. Would be nice to get a bit of input from 48 on this?

Crew Member (retired)

s3923 wrote:
Someone needs to update the top post which suggests that the Guido is being reduced to 20 landline minutes and no data. Thanks for the free WhatsApp but I'd be gone like a flash if the other stuff went away. Fortunately the membership plans page, http://48months.ie/membership-plans, says that all the existing goodies are still there.

Hey s3923

The 20 minutes of land line calls is for the old standard membership.  You will still get the full 60 lane line minutes on the guido.

That top post only refers to the memberships that are changing i.e. "the standard" and "the don".

I hope this helps.

Damian

Crew Member (retired)

thegift06 wrote:

Hi dalyer,

I have a current guido plan

my data has run out which would lead me to believe that my data settings are correct otherwise I would have full data. Still not working but thanks for your help. Would be nice to get a bit of input from 48 on this?

Hi,

Can you confirm what is happening when you attempt to send a mesage via whatsApp?

Damian from 48