Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback Group - Members Wanted!

48_Retired
Crew (retired)
Crew (retired)

Hi there,

Want to tell us your thoughts on 48? We need YOU to join our Feedback Group! If you're interested, post here to let me know and I'll add you to the group.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thanks,
Sheena
Community Manager

47 REPLIES 47

thomas2016
Newcomer
I move to o2 ok

thomas2016
Newcomer
Get back to me

@thomas2016 wrote:
I move to o2 ok

@thomas2016 wrote:
Get back to me

Your posts are not at all clear.

What is your problem?

Describe it in as much details as possible with error messages and screenshots if possible/relevant.

Have you contacted 48 support already?

If so then you need to follow up on the existing support request and not here on the community forum.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

thomas2016
Newcomer

thomas2016 you posted again but didn't provide any info.

Please describe the problem that you are having and clarify if you have already been in contact with 48 support?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

gilbertotron
Newcomer

I'd like to be added to the feedback group please.

keith098
Visitor
I'd be interested

alan95
Newcomer
I would be interested!

esras
Newcomer
I'd be quite interested too

I have some comments/feedback on the imminent EU roaming charges changes about which I got an email although I don't see the details posted here on the 48 website yet...

Just to summarise - currently the EU roaming charges are:

• Making calls: 23c/min
  • Receiving calls: 6c/min
  • Sending texts: 6c each
  • Receiving texts: free
  • EU roaming calls add-on costs €3.50 and gives 15 outgoing call minutes (= c. 23.3c/min) and 1000 free incoming call minutes. The real benefit of this add-on is the generous free incoming call allowance since outgoing calls actually cost more than normal.
  • EU text add-on costs €2 and gives 35 outgoing texts (= c. 5.7c per text)
  • Note: no data roaming while abroad so no MMS etc.

The EU roaming charges effective from May 1st 2016 are:

• Making calls: 6c/min
  • Receiving calls: 1c/min
  • Sending texts: 2c each
  • Receiving texts: free
  • EU roaming calls add-on costs €3.50 and gives 60 outgoing call minutes (= c. 5.83c/min) and 60 free incoming call minutes.
  • EU roaming text add-on costs €2 and gives 100 texts (= 2c per text)
  • Note: no data roaming while abroad so no MMS etc.

As far as I can see:

1. The EU roaming calls add-on has a much lower free incoming calls allowance which is disappointing even if incoming calls will only cost 1c/min from May 1st. The benefits of buying an EU roaming calls add-on seem to be much more marginal under the new charging regime than in the past.
  2. The EU roaming texts add-on gives no advantage at all over just paying for outgoing texts from your cash credit balance.

In summary, under the new charging regime effective from May 1st, there is no point in buying an EU roaming texts add-on and the benefits of buying an EU roaming calls add-on may be marginal. In some (many?) cases it might simply be better to just topup your cash credit balance to cover the costs of outgoing/incoming calls and outgoing txts?

Just wondering what others think?