Members

The Legend

Re: Cheaper roaming rates

[ Edited ]

Yes - top up your credit balance and texts from Turkey to Ireland will cost 29c each.

http://48months.ie/boiler-plate/other-call-charges

Rest of Europe

Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Gibraltar, Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey or Ukraine you'll pay:

Making calls and calling your voicemail€1.69
Receiving calls€1.59
Sending texts39c
Receiving textsFree

Hope this helps.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
Average Joe

The Legend

Did you mean to ask a question? Your post was blank.

If this answers your question then please mark your question as solved - see here.
The Legend

[ Edited ]

What's the story with calling voicemail while roaming in the EU...

This suggests that it comes out of your EU roaming calls add-on:

http://www.48months.ie/boiler-plate/other-call-charges

We have 2 add-ons that offer great value when roaming in the EU

Roaming calling add-on (includes):€3.50
Making calls and calling your voicemail15 minutes
Receiving callsFree

But this suggests that it's free when you have an EU roaming calls add-in - which to me suggests that it DOES NOT come out of your add-on mins?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions-Knowledge/How-do-I-use-my-Voicemail/ta-p/244

Is calling voicemail free?

While in the Republic of Ireland: 
Calling your voicemail is included in your free minutes. 

Outside the Republic of Ireland:
If you’re in the EU and on our roaming call add-on, calls to check your voicemail are free, otherwise you’ll be charged at standard roaming prices.

Hot Rod

I'm going abroad to Spain in 2weeks and I was wondering will my internet work there if I buy 'The Mitch' membership as it contains 15Gbs of internet?
Posted from Samsung GT-I8190
Crew Member (retired)

angelikaosinska1 wrote:
I'm going abroad to Spain in 2weeks and I was wondering will my internet work there if I buy 'The Mitch' membership as it contains 15Gbs of internet?

Hey @angelikaosinska1 The roaming rates mentioned in this thread are for calls/texts only. 48 does not support data roaming outside of Ireland I'm afraid, so if you want to use internet abroad on your mobile you'll need to find a wifi hotspot.

Hot Rod

Okay thankyou
Posted from Samsung GT-I8190
Average Joe

Im in the uk & my membership has no more mobile minutes left but has landline minutes & data. I've also added the 15 minutes of roaming but my phone won't take or receive calls. IS this a problem in settings or something else
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

[ Edited ]

You seem to be using an iPhone? 

If so then this may be relevant:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Iphone-6-no-network-when-overseas/m-p/32727#M11081

By the way you need an active membership for the phone to work while roaming abroad but the membership bundled allowances are of no use while roaming abroad.

When roaming abroad you need cash credit to pay for incoming/outgoing calls and outgoing texts.

Or when in the EU you can use the EU roaming calls/texts add-ons which are often more cost effective than paying for services from your credit balance (e.g. with the EU roaming calls add-on incoming calls are free).

Hope this helps.

Average Joe

Pls I have tried to buy roaming ad on.from credit loads on my phone. but option not given except credit card and voucher entry options. pls can I text to 1745.if pls how do I go about it.
Tnx
Posted from Mozilla Firefox for Android
The Legend

[ Edited ]

Yes you can buy roaming add-ons by text if you have sufficient cash credit balance to cover the purchases:

How do I buy stuff by text?

But the option to pay with your credit balance should also appear on the online site so if it doesn't then something's wrong and you should report it to support:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

You can also check your allowance balances using short codes:

Handy short-codes

Just in case of any confusion EU roaming add-ons only work when you are abroad/outside Ireland roaming in the EU.

Some people mistakenly buy them thinking that they are bundles allowing you to call/text EU numbers from Ireland - they're not.

Hope this helps.

Average Joe

Is there data roaming add-ons available?

The Legend

Unfortuantely not - 48 don't support data while roaming abroad so you are restricted to wifi where available.

Hope this helps.

Average Joe

I'm heading on holidays on Sunday and my membership is running out the Wednesday I'm just wondering when my membership runs out it auto renews when it auto renews will my EU add ons be carried over?
Thanks in advance
Posted from Apple iPhone
The Legend

[ Edited ]

Yes.

Or in more detail...

The add-ons are valid for a month from the date of purchase (or until use up).

If they are active when a new membership is purchased then their validity period is extended to the end of that new membership.

You do need a membership in order for add-ons to work.

By the way you seem to be using an iPhone in which case you might want to be aware of this in case it's an issue for you when you're abroad:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Iphone-6-no-network-when-overseas/m-p/32727#M11081

Hope this helps.