Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Cheaper roaming rates

Crew Member (retired)
‎18-08-2014 10:43 AM

angelikaosinska1 wrote:
I'm going abroad to Spain in 2weeks and I was wondering will my internet work there if I buy 'The Mitch' membership as it contains 15Gbs of internet?

Hey @angelikaosinska1 The roaming rates mentioned in this thread are for calls/texts only. 48 does not support data roaming outside of Ireland I'm afraid, so if you want to use internet abroad on your mobile you'll need to find a wifi hotspot.

0 Likes

Hot Rod
‎18-08-2014 11:09 PM
Okay thankyou
Posted from Samsung GT-I8190
1 Like

Average Joe
‎06-03-2015 05:10 PM
Im in the uk & my membership has no more mobile minutes left but has landline minutes & data. I've also added the 15 minutes of roaming but my phone won't take or receive calls. IS this a problem in settings or something else
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎06-03-2015 05:13 PM

You seem to be using an iPhone? 

If so then this may be relevant:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Iphone-6-no-network-when-overseas/m-p/32727#M11081

By the way you need an active membership for the phone to work while roaming abroad but the membership bundled allowances are of no use while roaming abroad.

When roaming abroad you need cash credit to pay for incoming/outgoing calls and outgoing texts.

Or when in the EU you can use the EU roaming calls/texts add-ons which are often more cost effective than paying for services from your credit balance (e.g. with the EU roaming calls add-on incoming calls are free).

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Average Joe
‎30-05-2015 03:42 PM
Pls I have tried to buy roaming ad on.from credit loads on my phone. but option not given except credit card and voucher entry options. pls can I text to 1745.if pls how do I go about it.
Tnx
Posted from Mozilla Firefox for Android
0 Likes

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎30-05-2015 03:47 PM

Yes you can buy roaming add-ons by text if you have sufficient cash credit balance to cover the purchases:

How do I buy stuff by text?

But the option to pay with your credit balance should also appear on the online site so if it doesn't then something's wrong and you should report it to support:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

You can also check your allowance balances using short codes:

Handy short-codes

Just in case of any confusion EU roaming add-ons only work when you are abroad/outside Ireland roaming in the EU.

Some people mistakenly buy them thinking that they are bundles allowing you to call/text EU numbers from Ireland - they're not.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Average Joe
‎01-06-2015 10:05 PM

Is there data roaming add-ons available?

0 Likes

The Legend
‎01-06-2015 10:30 PM

Unfortuantely not - 48 don't support data while roaming abroad so you are restricted to wifi where available.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Average Joe
‎03-06-2015 12:51 PM
I'm heading on holidays on Sunday and my membership is running out the Wednesday I'm just wondering when my membership runs out it auto renews when it auto renews will my EU add ons be carried over?
Thanks in advance
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎03-06-2015 01:39 PM

Yes.

Or in more detail...

The add-ons are valid for a month from the date of purchase (or until use up).

If they are active when a new membership is purchased then their validity period is extended to the end of that new membership.

You do need a membership in order for add-ons to work.

By the way you seem to be using an iPhone in which case you might want to be aware of this in case it's an issue for you when you're abroad:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Iphone-6-no-network-when-overseas/m-p/32727#M11081

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community