Members

Crew Member (retired)

New SIM swap process is live

[ Edited ]

We have a new process for customers who need to swap their SIM. The new process should make it easier for customers who want to swap their SIM because they need a new type of SIM.

If you have a new handset and need a different type of SIM you can now order this in the new My SIM section in your My 48 account page.

Simply select “Swap your SIM for a new type of SIM” and fill in your details. The SIM should arrive in 2-3 days. Your old SIM will continue to work while you are waiting.

If your phone has been lost or stolen, you can also order a replacement SIM through the “My SIM” page.  In this case select “Replace your lost or stolen SIM and fill in your details. Your existing SIM card will be barred at this time.

Your new or replacement SIM should arrive in 2 – 3 days.

When you receive the SIM card simply log back in to My SIM and select “Register Now”. You will need to enter the six digit registration code on the SIM card.

Your new SIM should be up and running in 10 minutes. Your number and membership or credit will transfer to the new SIM.

Check out here our guide on everything you need to know about SIMs, including the swapping process.

Gladiator

Re: New SIM swap process is live

Many thanks Marion. I wish the Help people had responded with this kind of advice.

Is it the case that this replacement SIM will already be part coded to replace mine ? Because if I just order a new SIM through the other order method, the process is known to take many hours/days. So is the process any different or just the 'packaging' of the web site ordering.... ?

Rock Star

Hi saoir

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Replace-NanoSIM-how-much-disruption/td-p/15599/jump-to/fir...

The different system has just recently gone live & Im glad you are now aware of the process.

:-)
Posted from Samsung GT-I9100
Average Joe

hi i have problem to register my new sim

any help

thanks

darius

D.dar
Rock Star

Hi darius

What exactly occurred? What problem did you encounter?

Can you post back & we will try to help!

Average Joe

thanks for your reply,

each time i try to register my new sim card i got message says( We are unable to register your SIM, please contact a 48 agent for more information)!

what should i do?  thanks

D.dar
Rock Star

Hi again

Yes, all you need to do is click on my link and log a support request below.

https://www.48months.ie/help/ask-agent

Just give them all the details regarding your sim & they will have it up and running soon.

Any further issues, post on the forum and one of us will reply.

Average Joe

I've sent a message to get a sim swapped out, if someone could look at this I'd be most grateful, thanks a million
Posted from Apple iPad
Rock Star

Hi

If you have selected to have your sim swapped, your new sim will automatically sent to you within 2-3 working days.

You should have no issues.

When your sim arrives, follow the guide below.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/All-you-need-to-know-about-SIMs/td-p/15523

Average Joe

Well that's where the problem lies, I didn't request a swap, I just used an unused one I had here, website tells me to contact support to get support to try and activate this one for me.

Thanks
Posted from Apple iPad
Rock Star

Hi

Thanks for supplying more details...

Contact support by logging a ticket below.

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Average Joe

Yeah I have done, waiting on a reply, thanks
Posted from Apple iPhone
Average Joe

I want too bring my number over it going too take two hours after that do I need a new 48 SIM card or will my meteor card work as 48 sim
Posted from Apple iPhone
Average Joe

hello am swaping my sim to new sim micro, i got the micro here with me, wat re the precessing?? Thanks

Rock Star

Hi easyboy

Next step is to Register the Sim...On your 48 Account page select 'My Sim' from the Choices to the left, then In the box 'Register Now'.

The Sim should be Active in 10 minutes...

Smiley Happy