cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G on Xiaomi but not on Pixel 7

GrahamL0995
Newcomer

I switched my number yesterday after trying out the sim in a spare Xiaomi phone. 5g was available immediately. Now with the sim in my Pixel 7 there's no 5g network showing up, only LTE. Any solution?

45 REPLIES 45

I have exactly the same problem as you. LTE or 3g only on pixel 7. Try the SIM in my wife's Nokia and 5g came straight up no problem. Seems like a issue with pixel mobiles??? 🤔

Did either of you contact 48 support to ask them about this?

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Same here - Pixel 7 pro.  Starting to suspect that the 48 Network is not registered with google for 5G services.  I see older threads elsewhere when only Vodafone could get 5G on the Pixel - it was sorted later.  Perhaps 48 is not registered with Google?  Despite it piggybacking on the Three network (which seems to support 5g on the Pixel just fine?)

> Perhaps 48 is not registered with Google?

That's the conclusion that was arrived at elsewhere:

I.e. that the list of PLMNs in the latest Google software for the relevant Pixel phones doesn't include the MCC/MNC for 48/Liffey Telecom (272/11) - which also means that 5G won't work for Tesco Mobile users either.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

jess_48
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, Thanks for your feedback. Our support teams are actively investigating this further with the device manufacturer. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience as we work towards a resolution.

Thanks, Jess. Did you see dalyer's explanation regarding the MCC and MNC (272 and 11) needing to essentially be whitelisted by Google on their PLMN, which I've also confirmed with Google is the case? This is the avenue to go down. They would likely need 48/Liffey Telecom to contact them to get this done.

Dave the DON

DaveO4704
Visitor

To follow up, I believe Three uses 5G bands N3 and N78. All Pixel models are compatible with these bands, even the Japanese model:
https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/7158570?hl=en#zippy=%2Cpixel

The "Worldwide" model is GVU6C, which is what we should all have.

So there should be no reason why our phones, even when we search for a manual network, can't see the 5G broadcast. So color me confuzzled...

Dave the DON

Did you contact 48 support to ask them about this?

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

StevenH0990
Newcomer

Also the same problem with a Pixel 7.    All the APN settings are correct and working fine for 4G/LTE, tried everything I can think of including a factory reset.

I wonder if it's a SIM issue. I'm a new customer but perhaps the SIM they sent out is no good? For example, if you manually select a network, you only see 3G and LTE options pop up for other networks, like Eir. I don't know if that means anything or if that's normal when you're not using an (for example) Eir SIM, so I'm just speculating.

Thanks also for confirming that a factory reset doesn't fix it. I had been considering it.

Dave the DON