cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t use my phone in France

UnaM2525
Newcomer
I am a 48 customer living in Ireland, using an iPhone 13mini and paying €7.99/month. (100GB membership)
For the past 2 years I have been unable to use my phone for calls, texts or data while on holiday in France.
I’m wondering will I be able to use it in France this year I as I have tried to follow the instructions for connecting abroad.
However when I don’t have wifi turned on, my phone seems to show “LTE” (not 5G, 4G, 3G or 2G even though I have cellular data set to 5GAuto in Settings)

Does that mean I won’t be able to connect in France? And if not, is there something I can do to ensure it will work?
1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I’m wondering will I be able to use it in France this year I as I have tried to follow the instructions for connecting abroad.

If your SIM predates January 2023 then you might want to get a replacement in case that helps:

These two threads may be useful in the case of roaming issues:

However when I don’t have wifi turned on, my phone seems to show “LTE” (not 5G, 4G, 3G or 2G even though I have cellular data set to 5GAuto in Settings)

What make and model of phone do you have?

If it's a Google Pixel then this may be relevant - in short 48 5G won't work on 5G enabled Pixel phones until Google "whitelist" 48/Liffey Telecom for 5G access:

If you need to contact 48 support then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.