Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Data Roaming Not Working Abroad

Average Joe
‎23-07-2019 08:12 PM
Hi there,

I will be travelling to France/Italy/Switzerland on Thursday for the next 3 weeks. I have the Guido membership. When I was in Spain back in January my Internet wasn't working - could only use WiFi - even though I had made sure to top up my membership and have loads of Internet left for the trip. A notification came up on my phone saying that data roaming was lost because I left the network or something (can't fully remember).

Did anyone else have this problem and manage to find a solution and get their data working abroad? My data usually works fine in Ireland. I'm going hiking in the Alps so it would be handy to be able to have Internet in case of an emergency.

Appreciate any info!
Posted from Samsung SM-J320FN
0 Likes

Re: Data Roaming Not Working Abroad

The Legend
‎23-07-2019 10:16 PM
What make and model of phone?
If you're roaming in the EU on a Guido membership and calls/texts work ok but data does not then check the internet/APN settings and if the APN field has changed from 48months.liffeytelecom.com then edit it, change it back to that, save the change, reboot and see if data starts working.
If it doesn't then you'll have to contact 48 support.
This is a common problem for some users and that tip fixes it for some but not all.
I don't understand why the problem happens or why some people seem to never get EU roaming data working on Guido no matter what they try.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Average Joe
‎23-07-2019 10:57 PM
It didn’t work for me too when I went to France last time, bought a membership especially for that and didn’t even use it because the data wasn’t working...
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎23-07-2019 11:33 PM
Did you try what I suggested above?
Did you contact 48 support for help?

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
3 Likes

Average Joe
‎24-07-2019 11:49 AM

My phone is a samsung. Texts and calls did work when I was last abroad, just not the internet.

I'm flying tomorrow morning at 9am so when I land I will be able to see if it works! If not I'll try what you suggested and hope for the best. I didn't do that last time so there's a chance it might work.

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community