cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Android hotspot & use it on iPhone?

LindaM6392
Newcomer

I am going away with my sister who has an iPhone, I have Android, she doesn't have roaming as part of her plan but needs to keep in contact with home so I was going to use Hotspot.  I have never done this before.  I found the relevant section on my phone, she found it on hers, but it asks for her to put in password.  I have never set it up[unless it is by default when I joined 48] so I have no idea what the password is.  Any help would be great, it is an 8 digit password.  Thanks

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

> she doesn't have roaming as part of her plan

All 48 plans have an EU/UK roaming data allowance.

I think that all mobile providers are obliged to include EU roaming services as standard:

And data can be paid for using cash credit in some other counties: 

If the iPhone is the client of the hotspot running on your Android phone then the password is whatever you configured for the hotspot when setting it up on the Android phone.

It has nothing to do with 48.

You shouldn't set up a hotspot on your phone with no password or else anybody will be able to use it.

And the relevant settings on the iPhone are the WiFi network connectivity settings, not the personal hotspot settings just in case that's what you are looking at on the iPhone:

So - to summarise:

If you still have problems then post specific details of what you're trying to do, the exact steps carried out on both phones to configure the hotspot "server" (Android) and WiFi network connection (iPhone), what goes wrong, any error messages etc. 

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.