Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Internet Settings for the new 1+ five

Average Joe
‎03-07-2017 12:16 PM
Hi I bought the one + five and cannot get internet.
Can you please help?

Sarah.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Accepted Solutions

Re: Internet Settings for the new 1+ five

The Legend
‎03-07-2017 02:05 PM
Follow the instructions here

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493#M1...

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.

View solution in context

Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

All Replies

The Legend
‎03-07-2017 02:05 PM
Follow the instructions here

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493#M1...

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

The Legend
‎04-07-2017 12:54 AM

Did that help at all @sarah13x?

0 Likes

Average Joe
‎05-07-2017 01:39 PM
Thanks a mil 🙂 I got it working
0 Likes

The Legend
‎05-07-2017 02:18 PM
Great glad you got it sorted @sarah13x

1 Like

Average Joe
‎05-07-2017 03:23 PM

I've attempted this a good 10 times now since I got the phone on Monday. Whenever I input the MCC of 272 (default is 206) or I put in the MNC of 11 (default is 01) and I go to save the configuration it just disappears and deletes itself.

I've tried using the default values for MCC and MNC too and it just doesn't provide me internet. I can still do texts and calls and I have double checked that I have sufficient data allowance left on my deal.

I'm guessing it might have something to do with me being in France right now, but I don't know what it is seeing as everything was working fine on my previous phone before I broke it. 

I believe I've tried switching the network I'm connected to but to no avail. Really desperate to get this working so any advice is appreciated.

Posted from Apple iPad
0 Likes

The Legend
‎05-07-2017 03:36 PM

The original query in this thread is about configuring the internet/APN settings for use in Ireland.

Your query relates to data access while EU roaming which is slightly different.

In that case I don't think that you can or should be changing MCC/MNC to 272/11 (Ireland/Liffey Telecom) since those values are only for when you're in Ireland.

As you say if you try to change them then the APN disappears - I had the same experience while trying to change my MCC/MNC from 272/11 to 206/01 while here in Ireland.

Unfortunately the whole issue of data roaming while in the EU on a guido membership seems to be error prone right now.

48 have said as much here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Phones/Roaming-settings-portugal/m-p/45836#M1177

You should contact 48 support and ask them to help you because the suggestiong of using MCC/MNC 206/01 or 207/01 (Belgium/Belgacom Proximus) doesn't make sense to me unless you're actually in Belgium and 48 support have not explained the rationale for changing these settings thus.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Average Joe
‎05-07-2017 04:19 PM
I have followed the steps mentioned above however no luck. There is no default APN set on the phone and when I add the details it doesn't save.
0 Likes

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎05-07-2017 04:27 PM

@chloes22 wrote:
I have followed the steps mentioned above however no luck. There is no default APN set on the phone and when I add the details it doesn't save.

Are you in Ireland or roaming abroad?

If you are in Ireland then the instructions above to add the required APN configuration settings should work if you use MCC/MNC = 272/11.

If not then you need to contact 48 support.

What make and model of phone and what version of the software is running on it?

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

The Legend
‎05-07-2017 09:05 PM
Did that help at all @chloes22?

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community